Front light for unlit commute

2»

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    The Nanoshot looks like it has a bigger button on the back rather than the small one on the top of the Volt. I tried repeatedly and just couldn't use the button on the Volt properly with gloves on - part of the problem I think is that it is recessed into the aluminium housing. I don't think the Volt has the green/orange/red battery indicator of the Nanoshot, just red at 20% left.
    That's a shame ... I wouldn't mind the green not being there - but the Amber is a good point to start showing that you need to be considering having a second light source or end your ride ..

I'll have to go into a shop and try the volt button - the Nanoshot is easy to use - I've only ever accidentally turned it onto Hyperconstant (two quick presses) and I can live with that ... but you do need to use it with gloves - duh!
    Yup, I have become a bike light geek :)
    :)
    I've just bought another Ultrafire for £12 including battery and handlebar mount - mostly for my wife who doesn't often ride in the dark...
  • ....Exposure Strada. ......Still to try it in heavy rain

Nothing to worry about, mate. My Toro 5 could probably be used underwater, with no problem. It's been in a few deluges. Like everything to do with Exposure lights, it's worry-free. The "storm cap" they added to the charging port a few versions back added extra rain protection but even the older ones were fine because of the "cowling" at the rear of the light.
  • Not a front light, but worth a mention -

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/luminous-ank ... 73715.html

Used this for the first time last night, round my ankle. Very bright, 180 degree visibility, festive. :)
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,817
    Anyone any exerience of the Electron Terra 3 ?
    Available for a good price, claimed 800 mlumen triple LED, significat negative I've seen (road.cc review) is that it has a very wide beam so not so road-friendly, more for off road.