Novatec 711 disc hub bearing removal

gwillis
gwillis Posts: 998
edited November 2013 in Workshop
Can someone give me the heads up regarding the removal of the bearings for the above front hub.
Ive managed to swop the rear ones no problem .

Im guessing you just tap out the axle which ive tried but its pretty dam tight.

any tips

Comments

• Remove the caps by pulling them with hands or pliers (they can be pretty hard to persuade).... tap the axle and one bearing pops out, then tap the second out. Try not to damage the axle by hammering on it directly...
    Bearings are same size as rear... 28 x 15 x 7 if memory assists me
    New bearings time already?
    left the forum March 2023
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    Cheers Paulo I've seen somewhere applying a light heat helps . Bearings are very new but I seem to recall somewhere others have said the stock bearings are prone to going I can't see any water ingress which was the problem with the rear freehub ones which I've replaced and re packed with grease . But your right so soon after the build is surprising
  • gwillis wrote:
    Cheers Paulo I've seen somewhere applying a light heat helps . Bearings are very new but I seem to recall somewhere others have said the stock bearings are prone to going I can't see any water ingress which was the problem with the rear freehub ones which I've replaced and re packed with grease . But your right so soon after the build is surprising

MIne are still good... I just decided to "upgrade the rear ones" to SKF, but the original ones were still pretty smooth (if a bit worn) after two years
    left the forum March 2023