Riding pals in Lincoln area!

domwolf
domwolf Posts: 16
edited December 2013 in MTB rides
Hey guys

Im looking to go on some regular trail rides and whatnot whenever i can, usually of a weekend or something! But its getting a bit boring riding solo, are there any bikers in the Lincoln area who are up for partnering up, as it were haha!
Im aiming to build fitness, have a sweet time and always improve my riding :)
Can travel to Newark area and such like is need be!

Cheers, Dom :)

Comments

• Hi Dom,

I live in the Boston area and the riding around my way is a bit rubbish, so if you fancy a meet up at Sherwood Pines or similar , let me know , I am free most weekends .
  • Hey, yeah that sound like a plan, been waiting to go there for a while now!

Im free most weekends too!
  • Hi DomWolf,

check out Sherwood Pines Cycling Club. Based at Sherwood Pines (obviously) but they run a lot of rides in and around the Pines for a variety of abilities, so you will find a ride which suits you. You'd be amazed how much trail there is in the pines, you just need to know where to look! :wink:

Best place to find them is on Facebook, but make sure you find the club not the cycle shop! You don't have to be a member to go try a few rides out either.
  • Im a lincolnshire rider.
    I usually do sherwood pines, wakerley woods (down the A1) or peak district.
    Im up for some organised rides.
  • Yeah man, hit my email up anytime you wanna go for a ride! Im game to go anywhere! :)
  • I'm in Grantham, there's a couple of half decent rides around the vale of belvoir. Google 'stathern loop' for an idea
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • I'll be over in Lincoln a week today in the evening with work and with my bike.

Does anyone fancy a night ride on the 16th December about 6pm ride off?
  • L3BIUS
    L3BIUS Posts: 91
    Hey I'm in nottingham! Go to sherwood pines a lot, pm and add me if you fancy riding some time!
    The New Beast GT Aggressor 2013 project

The Old Beast GT Aggressor Hardtail 2011 Custom Spec

Places i want to visit:
    Gisburn Forest, Afan Forest, Holmbury Hill, Forest of Dean, Antur Stiniog, Fort William, Tweed Valley, Cwmcarn
  • L3BIUS wrote:
    Hey I'm in nottingham! Go to sherwood pines a lot, pm and add me if you fancy riding some time!

I'll head to Sherwood Pines about 2pm on Monday if you're about.

I'll do 2 or 3 loops of the trail before heading to Lincoln for the night.