Antiques in the attic.

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,196
edited November 2013 in The bottom bracket
Found a painting and a violin in the attic. One was a Stradivarius and one was a Matisse. When I got them valued at Southeby's, they told me £20 for the picture and £15 for the violin. Turns out Stradivarius was cr4p at painings and Matisse was even worse at making violins.

I'll get my coat.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Ha flipping ha!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I thought this was going to be about you renting out your attic room to T47 and Mikey :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:
    I thought this was going to be about you renting out your attic room to T47 and Mikey :P

That was good, I like that.

...but at face value: No chance. I'd have no attic left. A spy/sound expert and a perennial bike crasher together spooking the little one's, banging their heads off the beams and doing 'artwork' till 4am, piddling in the corner and brewing the what they had !?

When you've finished your 'shed', you can offer it out to 'antiques'.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    I saw a Matisse at Battersea power station in that London, don't know nuffin' 'bout art but it was big.

Oh BTW STFU, Mikey's way older than me:D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Friend of mine used to keep a hooker in the attic. She would use the fire escape to go up and down so his landlady didn't know anything about it.

It was quite a good arrangement - she would do his washing and ironing together with other things and he would provide warmth and a roof over her head.
  • arran77
    arran77 wrote:

...but at face value: No chance. I'd have no attic left. A spy/sound expert and a perennial bike crasher together spooking the little one's, banging their heads off the beams and doing 'artwork' till 4am, piddling in the corner and brewing the what they had !?

No way, that's for my mountain bikes :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Shed 1 or Shed 2? Or are there other sheds that we should know about? Shed 7?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    arran77 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

No way, that's for my Mountain bikes :lol:
    I knew it! That explains a lot!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Yup, I'm another stevo, soon you'll be outnumbered by us :wink:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I am soon to be owner of 3, yes 3 road bikes. So we can keep a score can we?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I am soon to be owner of 3, yes 3 road bikes. So we can keep a score can we?

As of Friday I will have three road bikes this will balance the three mountain bikes :oops:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    arran77 wrote:

I thought you had a faint air of superiority about you, now I know why.

Yours sincerely,
    Mr. 'I own 2 mountain bikes but only 1 poxy roadie' :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I thought you had a faint air of superiority about you, now I know why.

Yours sincerely,
    Mr. 'I own 2 mountain bikes but only 1 poxy roadie' :)

Sean's just denying his other cycling side that lurks within all roadies :lol:

seanoconn
  • I have a mountain bike in the garage as well but no matter how much I try and persuade myself to ride it I never ever get around to it. Even when the weather is like it is today, the roadie is still out and about.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I too have a picture in my attic. It is a portrait of an old bloke called Dorian Gray. Perhaps explains my youthful good looks though. :lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Found a painting and a violin in the attic. One was a Stradivarius and one was a Matisse. When I got them valued at Southeby's, they told me £20 for the picture and £15 for the violin. Turns out Stradivarius was cr4p at painings and Matisse was even worse at making violins.

I'll get my coat.

Shame antique jokes found in the attic aren't valuable. :wink:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I went to the antiques roadshow a couple of years ago, with a very rare vase.

Fiona Bruce asked how I aquired such a rare vase?

I said it was handed down to me.

She asked where from?

I said, an upstairs window.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי