Rugby Union on TV

lucan2
lucan2 Posts: 293
edited November 2013 in The bottom bracket
Can anyone point me towards a link for online coverage of this afternoon's England v Australia rugby? I don't have Sky and I'm not in the UK, but I'd like to watch it this afternoon. I realise the highlights are on BBC3 this evening.

Thanks.

Comments

• johncp
    johncp Posts: 302
    If you haven't got a headwind you're not trying hard enough
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Why should people help you find it when you aren't prepared to pay to watch? I haven't got Sky Sports so I just accept that there are sports events I don't get to watch free of charge.
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Instructions for a happy forum
    1) Read post
    2) Reply.

Not other way round
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Not being in the UK makes life hard, Sky or not.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Not being in the UK makes life hard, Sky or not.

:D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • 'Not enough white shirts, too many pissed up chinless wonders wearing barbours'

Interesting insight offered on 5 Live yesterday.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Pross wrote:
    Why should people help you find it when you aren't prepared to pay to watch? I haven't got Sky Sports so I just accept that there are sports events I don't get to watch free of charge.
    Disagree. I feel that England Internationals in the major sports, football, cricket, rugby etc, should be available on terrestrial television.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Disagree. I feel that England Internationals in the major sports, football, cricket, rugby etc, should be available on terrestrial television.

It doesn't matter what you feel. Sky have paid money for the rights and whether you like them or not they invest in producing a quality product. The governing bodies have (rightly or wrongly) opted to sell their sport to the highest bidder, it's a product to them the same as owning a load of baked beans that other people want.
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Little bit O/T but Im based in spain and want to watch the Ashes cricket (nothing else to do at 2am, Frankly)...does anyone know a LEGAL IPTV server where I can pay to watch the ashes on my Computer. The problem with most of the servers, fe the New Zealand TV one linked above, is the quality is pretty poor and I dont mind paying to use the service.
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • Late and slightly OT: if you are in the UK, don't have Sky but have a good broadband connection, you can buy a 24 h Sky Sports Day Pass for a tenner. This will let you watch Sky Sports 1-4, Sky F1 (not HD) and one other channel for 24 h on a laptop or tablet or phone. You can run the feed to a tv using an HDMI cable for a laptop or computer, or using an iPad/iPhone and Apple TV. The picture quality is adequate - sub SD when pushed to a 40+ inch screen.

Occasionally the passes are handed out free as promos - eg at Shell garages with petrol purchases prior to the Monaco GP this year.

Sky are sufficiently on the ball that I would imagine this is geolocked to UK IP addresses.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Late and slightly OT: if you are in the UK, don't have Sky but have a good broadband connection, you can buy a 24 h Sky Sports Day Pass for a tenner.

I thought about doing that when the Lions matches were on a few months ago. Then I realised I could just go down the pub, watch it on their TV, and spend the tenner on drinks. This also had the advantage of requiring no HDMI cables and, for some reason, the drinks seemed to enhance the rugby watching experience.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    If your prepared to watch on lo-res all sport can be streamed for free. You do need an ad pop-up blocker on your computer or the ads will drive you mad.
    This is one of the better live streaming sites

http://www.frombar.com/