Ritual carbon seatpost
Prologo saddle

Comments

• matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Very smart.
    Where is the frame from?

Matt
  • Great looking bike. I don't think the wheels do it justice though.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • claddo
    claddo Posts: 27
    Frame is - whisper - a chinese job Matt. FM015. :twisted:
    Ride quality has been superb... and at that price etc etc. Very quick and responsive.

The wheels were requisitioned from another bike; but will very shortly be Fulcrum racing zeros - continuing the black and red theme.
    I'm not a weight weenie, but should make it feel very light taking nearly half a kilo off. The bike is around 7,5kg right now with normal tires (not the gators).
  • Chapeau sir. Re-post with a picture of the Flucrums when fitted.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Looks a bit of alright that.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Looks good but IMO the red bits clash with the purple of the plant pot. I'd either change out the red for black or purple, or use a different plant pot.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Looks good but IMO the red bits clash with the purple of the plant pot. I'd either change out the red for black or purple, or use a different plant pot.

Lmao !!!
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • claddo
    Just back from a very wet and cold ride - didn't post with the fulcrums. Suddenly came to me after taking a pic.
    Winterized with the Road Racer guards below
    Apologies, you see that photography is not a strong point :D :oops:

photo3_zps59218383.jpg

photo2_zpsf6d147be.jpg
  • neilvx
    neilvx Posts: 137
    claddo wrote:
    Frame is - whisper - a chinese job Matt. FM015. :twisted:
    Ride quality has been superb... and at that price etc etc. Very quick and responsive.

The wheels were requisitioned from another bike; but will very shortly be Fulcrum racing zeros - continuing the black and red theme.
    I'm not a weight weenie, but should make it feel very light taking nearly half a kilo off. The bike is around 7,5kg right now with normal tires (not the gators).

Have you got a link for the frame :-)
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 27.5 2017 Grey / Yellow Flash
    Ribble R872 Ultegra
    Skyway BMX
  • claddo
    Hong Fu on Ali Baba:
    http://hongfu-bikes.en.alibaba.com/product/592516864-210851416/Hongfu_Intergrated_Seatpost_carbon_road_bicycle_frame_FM015_ISP_in_2012.html

Hong Fu 'direct'
    http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_products/new-Road-Frame+Fork+Seat-post-224.html

The 015 has quite aggressive geometry, there is also a FM028 which is more like the trek madone.
    If you look around, plenty of information online about sourcing, ordering and putting together these chinese carbon frames. Hong Fu one of the better sources. Delivery straight to the UK.

Things may have moved on since I got mine in Hong Kong a few years ago. I know there are some Pinarello Dogma -similar; if not straight up copies around as well.

In terms of weight, durability and performance, mine has been excellent. I certainly could not merit spending a lot more to have a similar set up. The risks involved in ordering direct must have come down since mine as well.

Have a look around. I am seriously considering doing a titanium, disc brake build with the frame straight from China in the near future.
  • neilvx
    neilvx Posts: 137
    Cheers, am thinking this could be nice upgrade to the current Felt F95 frame :)
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 27.5 2017 Grey / Yellow Flash
    Ribble R872 Ultegra
    Skyway BMX