Calling all Scots near Fort William...

Welsh_sheep
Welsh_sheep Posts: 21
edited November 2013 in Routes
I'm currently on holiday in Fort William. I've already been to the Nevis range trail centre, Laggan Wolftrax, done a local route called the Ciaran Path and a segment of the West highland way. Does anyone know any other good trails or routes nearby that I could do? Sadly the uplift at Glencoe is closed by the way :( Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160
    If you can manage to go a bit further east, just above Inverness is the Learnie Redrock trails. Bit further north has Golspie, Balblair and Carbisdale.

However, if you were over at Laggan, a bit further that way is Aviemore. Head north towards Tomintoul and you've got the brand new Glenlivet trails which open on the 2nd of November, if you're still up north.

That's about it for trail centres. If you want general riding, there's the Great Glen Way between Fort William and Inverness. Or try going to the North Face carpark and ride up the glen toward Ben Nevis. You should be able to get a good distance up there. I can also recommend going up Glen Nevis itself, though when you get to the end of it, there's a narrow path that leads up to meadows, so watch out if you go up there.
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.
  • Thanks, loads of information. I heard about those new trails opening on the 2nd but I'm back home by then :( I might try one of those tomorrow, can't thank you enough :)
  • UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160
    I think this is where I spam my website.
    TrailDog

I'm putting together a database of all the official trails in the UK, then going out and filming/GPS'ing them and putting them on the site. The idea is to get a proper resource for people wanting to figure out where to ride.

So, glad to have helped!
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.
  • That's a fantastic idea. Good luck :)