Dissertation Survey

geeofcrazy
geeofcrazy Posts: 19
edited November 2013 in Commuting general
Hello all,

My name is George and I'm a geography student at Staffordshire university, im in my final year and am writing my dissertation, the title for this paper is ' An investigation to explore the challenges for cycling as a sustainable form of transport within the city of london, United Kindom'

With these running themes throughout the work.
1) Is the number of cyclists increasing in London?
2) What do cyclists/Potential cyclists regard as the drives and barriers towards cycling within the city?
3) How successful have recent schemes been in regards to the number of people cycling today?

It would mean a lot if you could take a couple of minutes to look at my survey and help me out, would be greatly appreciated!
The overall aim of this survey is based on cyclists perceptions towards cycling, why people choose to do so, wether or not cycling is becoming more popular, and why you decide to get on the bike.

Heres the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Q0YocH ... M/viewform

If you have any questions, send me a message and il try my best to answer and issues, or feedback that you may want to give. Cheers all!

Comments

• craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    So is it worth a look if I don't cycle in London?
  • Anyone can take part in the survey, even if you havent riden in london before, this survey really is just getting peoples perceptions towards cycling. Sorry, should of made this clearer.
  • Done, but with respect I think you should work at bit at the questions. You'll get some basic feedback, but I doubt enough to go to the next level and really address the issue as stated.

Also, too many leading questions.

Please don't take offence, only being honest to try and help.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Same answer as I gave in MTB, except at least here your link seems complete.
    cooldad wrote:
    If you can't be bothered to check spelling, capitalisation and grammar, I'm out before you start.
    Especially if you can't even be arsed to check your link.

Hint - it's broken.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    cooldad wrote:
    Same answer as I gave in MTB, except at least here your link seems complete.
    cooldad wrote:
    If you can't be bothered to check spelling, capitalisation and grammar, I'm out before you start.
    Especially if you can't even be arsed to check your link.

Hint - it's broken.

He's a student, what do you expect :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Bit of a harsh comment,

Yes im a student, woops about grammar, my mistake.

Dont comment on something if youre not going to make an imput, simple as that. Keep your opinion to your self mate.
  • I'm interested George - is this for a master's level dissertation? I can't see how many of those questions are going to help you write about the the challenges for cycling as a sustainable form of transport - for starters what do you mean by sustainable - for the environment or for relieving gridlock? The answer is fairly obvious for both. What argument are you trying to make?