Cateye omni5 vs LD1100

monkeytennisdude
monkeytennisdude Posts: 6
edited November 2013 in Commuting general
Hi all, so currently I have an Omni5 on my rack mount, but have now seen the LD1100 and really like the side LED's and the fact it can flash and be static if that makes sense. Are LD1100 better than the current crop of cateye rear lights?

Comments

• swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    i have the ld1100 you mention and it is bright with the 6 leds and 2 side leds on each side of the light.

depends what you want as you can control each set of leds to have the top flashing and bottom constant etc.

I couldn't say if they are any better than cateyes other lights as this is the first light i have owned from them.
  • swod1 wrote:
    i have the ld1100 you mention and it is bright with the 6 leds and 2 side leds on each side of the light.

depends what you want as you can control each set of leds to have the top flashing and bottom constant etc.

I couldn't say if they are any better than cateyes other lights as this is the first light i have owned from them.

How much side lighting do you find you get from it? Also how noticeable is the flashing if one row is constant?
  • Mr.Duck
    Mr.Duck Posts: 174
    The LD1100 has 2 buttons to control 2 rows of lights and has so many modes. That means you have to press the buttons so many times just to turn it on and off. You might not care about this, but it would annoy me so much I wouldn't buy the light because of it.

The omni5 remembers the last mode you used apparently.
  • Mr.Duck wrote:
    The LD1100 has 2 buttons to control 2 rows of lights and has so many modes. That means you have to press the buttons so many times just to turn it on and off. You might not care about this, but it would annoy me so much I wouldn't buy the light because of it.

The omni5 remembers the last mode you used apparently.

I was out with a friend last night who was using an LD110. He uses one row on solid and one row on flashing and it's definitely noticeable! I would rather have the LD110 on than the Omni. You could always consider a Rapid3/Rapid 5 instead, they look a lot more intense than the Omni.