Conti Grand Prix GT vs GP4 season vs GP4000S

duckson
duckson Posts: 961
edited October 2013 in Road buying advice
Weighing up these tyres in 25c for my best bike for winter, would be used in dry or mildly damp conditions only (unless caught out!). Commuting, general riding etc.

I've had GP4000S in 23c and liked them but can anyone compare them to the GP GT or GP4 season?

I like a quick tyre still, still Strava segment hunting in the winter! :lol:
Cheers, Stu

Comments

• I have found the GP4000 to be more than adequate in rough weather.

Fast tyre with high TPI, Grippy in the dry and wet + Puncture Protection hasn't let me down once (touch wood).
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Currently runing GP4000S 23c on the Rourke (best), and GP4Seasons 25c on the Condor (winter/commuting). If its your "best" bike, stick with the GP4000S, but for commuting and crappy roads the GP4S will give a little more protection.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Having used 4000s tyres in the past(open corsa now) I purchased some GP4S for the winter, they seem grippy but they have the feelng of a non-folding tyre very similar to Vittoria Rubino.
    On the last couple of wet rides I've used some Michelin pro tyres, these fill me with more confidence, giving better feel on the road.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Depends on whether you enjoy regular visits from the puncture fairy? In these parts, ride GP4000s if you fancy a stop (or more) every ride as small flints simply slice their way through most performance-oriented tyres in winter.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I am using 23mm GP4S and they have been good so far with no puncture or grip problems. I stuck with 23mm as I prefer the ride but 25mm or more is a personal choice to suit your riding style.