Lake shoe sizing. Are they too wide?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
I have been after getting some Lake shoes for a while and recently got some MTB ones in a sale.
I am a UK 10 but got a 46.5 and found them a touch too small.
I did not really like them so sent back and got the more expensive road CX401 Speedplay's in a 47, which were way too big (more too big than the MTB were too small).

The odd thing (apart from the discrepancy in numerical sizing) was that both pairs seemed overly wide.
When I did them up they distorted at the front. Kind of like wearing a pair of oversized jeans and pulling the belt tight.

I do not think I have narrow feet so wondering if anyone else finds this.

Kind of feeling like giving up on the Lakes now :(

Comments

• I'm a 41 and have 2 pairs of Lakes and they fit me fine, not too wide, and my feet are pretty normal I reckon.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    OK thanks.
    Maybe I will give them another go in a 46.

I got my daughter some stunning looking MX331's and am thinking of sticking with MTB shoes/cleats and just getting those for myself.
    Her's are only size 37 (approx. UK 3) though which is probably why they look so good.

Guess I could try women's ones if I need a narrower fit. Anyone else done this?
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I ordered some Lake MX236C from Wiggle as I really liked the styling. I am normally a 43 so ordered a 44, the same as my old Shimanos. They were like boats on me, too long but way too wide. Also, the shoe was too high around my ankle and rubbed instantly.

I sent them back and got Sidi Dragon 3s, which fit like kid skin gloves.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro