Riccardo+Ricco+2008+Tour+de+France+Stage+Nine+HiwHaXHsVwWl.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Yay! :)
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Sorry Frenchie, it won't be fun to watch. How on earth does he think there is any credibility attached to anything he does now ? Mind you as he previously almost killed himself with his doping antics he's already managed to exhibit to the world that he's a got the brain of an insect.

The guy is a complete tool and we shouldn't be giving him the oxygen of publicity.
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    Go Ricco. That's a great Idea. I reckon he should race the Chicken up those climbs.
    He made a mess of being a pro racer but he loves cycling and riding his bike. You cannot take that away from him.
    He lost control of his life maybe this will get him back on track. As for credibility he has the same as any other doped rider in my opinion. He just was not as smart as the others and is arrogance led him to believe he was invincible. Go Ricco. :lol::lol::lol:
  • dsoutar
    rayjay wrote:
    but he loves cycling and riding his bike.

I hear LA does too

Seems the perfect reason to rehabilitate these people
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    This should not be allowed to happen if people want cycling to have a clean persona.

ToC08BalcomGL062.jpg
  • To try and break some climbing records.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-c ... ary-climbs

Will be great fun to watch.

Riccardo+Ricco+2008+Tour+de+France+Stage+Nine+HiwHaXHsVwWl.jpg
    Come on, I know you're trolling, but still, come on.
  • dsoutar
    Ooooh - good Halloween pic

Very appropriate
  • epc06
    epc06 Posts: 214
    I think if Ricco announced he was riding his bike to the paper shop, some people on here would be outraged
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Couldnt care less. The man is an absolute k**b and lucky to be alive, never mind riding a bike. :roll:
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    mike6 wrote:
    Couldnt care less. The man is an absolute k**b and lucky to be alive, never mind riding a bike. :roll:

He's not boring though. Yes he is a drug addled tool, but the Peleton is all the more dull without him IMHO.

It's a shame that I now feel that exciting racing = drug assisted :(
  • mike6
    TMR wrote:
    mike6 wrote:

He's not boring though. Yes he is a drug addled tool, but the peloton is all the more dull without him IMHO.

It's a shame that I now feel that exciting racing = drug assisted :(

Aye, funny that isnt it? All the so called "Exciting" riders turn out to be drug cheats. Then, when clean, are reduced to mere mortals. :wink:
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    There should be some kind of match race series . Lets see Ricco ,Armstrong, Landis ,Big Jan , Hamilton etc race each other up some big mountains.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    rayjay wrote:
    There should be some kind of match race series . Lets see Ricco ,Armstrong, Landis ,Big Jan , Hamilton etc race each other up some big mountains.

Criterium de Doping Libere?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    rayjay wrote:

Old idea. That concept has been around for decades. It's called the Tour de France.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    dsoutar wrote:
    How on earth does he think there is any credibility attached to anything he does now ?

In the first place he's not asking for, nor does he care whether or not you, or anyone else for that matter, gives him credibility. Way more people out there who don't care whether he doped or not than there are in your group of riding perfectionists who have got to have some perfect sport or they're all p*ssed off.
    This is most likely about money.
    Credibility in sports? What alternate universe do you live in. :?
  • I'm quite pleased. I find his antics hilarious as long as he wears a fake moustache and top hat in best Victorian villain style.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • mike6
    dsoutar wrote:
    Sorry Frenchie, it won't be fun to watch. How on earth does he think there is any credibility attached to anything he does now ? Mind you as he previously almost killed himself with his doping antics he's already managed to exhibit to the world that he's a got the brain of an insect.

The guy is a complete tool and we shouldn't be giving him the oxygen of publicity.

That's ok, no one who knows or cares about cycling will take anything he does on a bike seriously. He is a cartoon character in need of professional psychiatric help. :wink:
  • dennisn
    mike6 wrote:
    dsoutar wrote:

That's ok, no one who knows or cares about cycling will take anything he does on a bike seriously. He is a cartoon character in need of professional psychiatric help. :wink:

You seem to have anointed yourself the speaker for us all. Don't assume you know what we all think. :roll:

As for taking cycling "seriously". Just what does that mean? I don't even take life all that seriously, let alone cycling.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    rayjay wrote:

Old idea. That concept has been around for decades. It's called the Tour de France.

Maybe you should read the libel post...?

:roll:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dennisn wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    dsoutar wrote:

You seem to have anointed yourself the speaker for us all. Don't assume you know what we all think. :roll:

and yet you presume to know what Ricco thinks.

:roll:
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    dennisn wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    dsoutar wrote:

As for taking cycling "seriously". Just what does that mean? I don't even take life all that seriously, let alone cycling.

Need a new irony meter over here please? Mine has just exploded...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dennisn wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    dsoutar wrote:

Oh dear Dennis, is Ricco your post Armstrong life boat? If so I don't think you'll be sat in it long before your feet start to get wet.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • mike6
    dennisn wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    dsoutar wrote:

Oh dear Dennis, is Ricco your post Armstrong life boat? If so I don't think you'll be sat in it long before your feet start to get wet.

Nice one Mr Peril. Nail on head. :D
  • mike6
    dennisn wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    dsoutar wrote:

Well, make your mind up. If you don't take cycling seriously I wouldn't be speaking for you anyway, would I? :roll:
  • dsoutar
    dennisn wrote:
    dsoutar wrote:
    How on earth does he think there is any credibility attached to anything he does now ?

In the first place he's not asking for, nor does he care whether or not you, or anyone else for that matter, gives him credibility. Way more people out there who don't care whether he doped or not than there are in your group of riding perfectionists who have got to have some perfect sport or they're all p*ssed off.

Come on Dennis, at least try to compose a decent response

A few points here:

1. He doesn't care ? Really ?? BS is the obvious answer to that. Most sports persons crave acceptance by the fans and peers
    2. I'm not after a perfect sport, just one that deters or catches and then punishes cheats effectively
    3. Money - probably have to agree with you on that
    4. You really think there is no credibility in any / all sports ? I didn't think even you were that cynical. I know most sports are tainted; some more than others but if that's how you feel I'm surprised you watch any sport at all. I prefer to think that it's really not as bad (at least these days) as it has been - Kenyan drug testing aside
  • dennisn
    dsoutar wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    dsoutar wrote:

Come on Dennis, at least try to compose a decent response

A few points here:

1. He doesn't care ? Really ?? BS is the obvious answer to that. Most sports persons crave acceptance by the fans and peers
    2. I'm not after a perfect sport, just one that deters or catches and then punishes cheats effectively
    3. Money - probably have to agree with you on that
    4. You really think there is no credibility in any / all sports ? I didn't think even you were that cynical. I know most sports are tainted; some more than others but if that's how you feel I'm surprised you watch any sport at all. I prefer to think that it's really not as bad (at least these days) as it has been - Kenyan drug testing aside

The words from a song come to mind here.
    "...and life's too short for you(Ricco, LA, and the rest) to worry me"
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,199
    dennisn wrote:

I don't know the song, but...

"...and life's too short for you(dennisn) to worry me"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:

I don't know the song, but...

"...and life's too short for you(dennisn) to worry me"

Fair enough. In any case I'm not out here to worry anyone.

"You Don't Know My Mind" - Jimmy Martin on "Will the Circle be Unbroken"
    Written by Jimmie Skinner
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Didn't we establish a while ago that Den is basically this dog?

img750.gif
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.