Leaky Calendars - UCI's future plans

RonB
RonB Posts: 3,984
edited October 2013 in Pro race
It's all here folks.

http://inrng.com/2013/10/pro-cycling-ca ... 2015-2020/

Seems a shame to lose/ reduce some of the one week events & it's hard to see where N America events & ToB will find a spot.

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I dont think this sort of thing should be leaked. Too many egos these days.

Looks like a capitalist set-up. Looks like non-profit UCI want to get richer. Looks like people will lose their jobs. Looks like they are moving away from cycling`s heritage by doing these token training races in outside of Europe. So much for Cookson representing UK - no TOB! Looks like it will take them years to set this up.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited October 2013
    Seems to be in line with what was released earlier.
    Looks as if racing on the weekends is set to take by far the biggest hit.
    Might look good to teams, but to the fan it must seem folly.
    I like it, not.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    I dont think this sort of thing should be leaked. Too many egos these days.

Looks like a capitalist set-up. Looks like non-profit UCI want to get richer. Looks like people will lose their jobs. Looks like they are moving away from cycling`s heritage by doing these token training races in outside of Europe. So much for Cookson representing UK - no TOB! Looks like it will take them years to set this up.

Next year's calendar would have been setup long for BC was president, it's not done in October that's for sure, just rubber stamped at the end of the year.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    sherer wrote:
    Next year's calendar would have been setup long for BC was president, it's not done in October that's for sure, just rubber stamped at the end of the year.
    He's been in charge of the road commission since 2008 though. He will have had a lot to do with this.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    This can only be a model of a possible calendar. 2017-2020! So many races can fold before then, or new ones appear, or minor ones get promoted. I wouldn't worry about the ToB, if it gets a higher profile it'll get its place on the calendar. It's only a lowly 2.1 cat race at the moment, mind
  • FJS wrote:
    This can only be a model of a possible calendar. 2017-2020! So many races can fold before then, or new ones appear, or minor ones get promoted. I wouldn't worry about the ToB, if it gets a higher profile it'll get its place on the calendar. It's only a lowly 2.1 cat race at the moment, mind

Agreed
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    RichN95 wrote:
    sherer wrote:
    He's been in charge of the road commission since 2008 though. He will have had a lot to do with this.

read the atricle after making a comment seems this is for the future and not next year so yes seems he may have had some input into this