how big is your fan e

dave02
dave02 Posts: 325
edited November 2013 in The bottom bracket
One e to many in the title,sorry,
How big is your fan that you use to keep cool when you are in the saddle at home,

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Watts or inches? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • dave02
    be serious this is important reaserch :x
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Speed or circumference?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • dave02
    owwww i like the word circumference, Say it again, it sounds sooooo naughty :twisted:
  • pwopa wizards sleeve
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    So big I have to nail a plank to my @rse to stop me falling in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:

In which case, you may need to wear protection to exercise safe sex. :wink:

trios.1.jpg
  • dave02
    i prefer it behind me as i dont like head winds
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    He's very fat and thinks I am a god because I can pedal a bicycle. I wish he wouldn't follow me around all day like a magnum opus. Despite living a few doors down, he even sends me mail, but he's the only fan I got.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

In which case, you may need to wear protection to exercise safe sex. :wink:

trios.1.jpg
    I suppose if your wife is a bit 'wizards sleevey' and overweight you could call it pot-holing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • dave02
    is his first name Boris, it sounds like hes two timing me, bastard. :x do you polish that helmet, where do i get touch up paint for my bike, got an old RIBBLE that i want to give to my grandson but its a bit chipped.
  • dave02
    is his first name Boris, it sounds like hes two timing me, bastard. :x do you polish that helmet, where do i get touch up paint for my bike, got an old RIBBLE that i want to give to my grandson but its a bit chipped.
  • pinno
    dave02 wrote:

???

It is plainly obvious that you are wired bit funny d02 but that's why you'll fit in.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    dave02 wrote:

???

It is plainly obvious that you are wired bit funny d02 but that's why you'll fit in.
    Don't listen to him Dave. You don't need to 'fit in' with the Pinarello's of this world. Fly, be free
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • dave02
    dont egnor th ribble qustion, its serius yu no
  • pinno
    dave02 wrote:
    dont egnor th ribble qustion, its serius yu no

How much do you want to spend? If you go the whole hog re-spray, it could be costly. Maybe a proffessional fraem restorer could touch it up for you. How bad is it? Can you do it yourself?
  • dave02
    Hello you :)
    Its chipped in all the places that you expect (dropouts,chainstay, etc) nothing major just looks scruffy, i only want it to look like an old lady that looks good for its age, u know what i mean, after all its the ride thats important not the looks, i will spend some money on making sure its safe and riderable.
    TA
    give me all of you knowledge. :shock:
  • pinno
    dave02 wrote:
    Hello you :)
    Its chipped in all the places that you expect (dropouts,chainstay, etc) nothing major just looks scruffy, i only want it to look like an old lady that looks good for its age, u know what i mean, after all its the ride thats important not the looks, i will spend some money on making sure its safe and riderable.
    TA
    give me all of you knowledge
    . :shock:

Half a sentance then?

Buy these and use clear spray lacquer over the top of it. Tamiya Colour chart:

MINIACRYLICSX.jpg

Select some paints as close to the original as possible and then mix and match. Use the Tamiya colour chart. You can print it off and hold the colours it against the frame.

Tamiya acrylic paint does not react with anything. It is water washable until dry which means you can have numerous attempts at getting the right shade (it is not a Master Piu, so this should be straight forward). It also means you can wash out your brushes easy.
    Lacquer over the top with clear 'Hycote'. That will give it a hardened finish and protect the parts you have sprayed. In normal temperatures, it will not be glossy and won't stand out. Buy the 'Double Acrylic' - not the tin with the car boot picture on it. The acrylic lacquer will not react with whats you av been doin. If you are bold, you can lacquer the whole thing.

$T2eC16F,!zEFIe4EZ9BBBSPe!-S3ZQ~~60_12.JPG

Find some thimble sized cups for mixing colours and use the colours sparingly as a small amount goes a long way
    (a trip to Starbucks/McDonalds and fill yer pockets with the little tubs of milk).

You will have to tell me if there is any rust coming through, that needs treatment. Chips are a natural 'hollow' and are easy to fill with one, sometimes two coats. Scrapes are a little trickier but you can feather the paint out if you use a bit of deftness.
    The Tamiya acrylic dries pretty quick and you can get the second coat on in no time. Do not paint in low temperatures. Get the missus a weekend at Centre Parcs and use the kitchen - clean/well lit/is warm/has an oven :D
  • dave02
    Thanks Man
    I will give it a go, in its day it was a very nice bike, would like my grandsons to enjoy riding an old school bike, I think by the time they will be buying there own (about 15 years) bikes will be quite diff than now,
    Thanks again
    A rose by any other name :!: , To err is human to forgive is devine, go in peace.
  • Just polish the rust off and let it wear its battle scars like an old dignified person with loads of battle scars.
  • dave02
    I like the sound of that, you old romantic, like an old warrior it will travel the road with history etched on its body, can i just cover it will clear stuff to stop the rust from returning :?: .
    What would you sooner bee or a wasp :idea: May your camel stay free of FLEAS. XXX