Riis and Chicken

No_Ta_Doctor
No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,195
edited November 2013 in Pro race
The Chickens book is due out and the Danish papers are full of snippets. Riis and CSC are fingered for systematic cortisone doping, Nicki Sørensen for burying EPO in his garden and Rolf for introducing the Chicken to cortisone.

All a bit meh, but you can look forward to this one running for a while.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    You forgot that Leidners helped the Chicken cover up his dodgy values

Which just proves yet again that Sky are on a special new drug. Or that's what they'll be saying in the Asylum
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    So....it only took one post to get a doping thread from Riis and CSC to Sky.Priceless.
  • Meh, nothing here worse re Leinders then what came up when ex-Rabos inc Rasumussen started talking (late last year?)

Besides, Iain can save his energy for the Leinders trial/hearing next Jan/Feb

Now...Nicki Sorensen...contract hadnt been renewed for 2014 yet....sudden retirement to spend for time with the family?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    For those who didn't spot it, I was being sarcastic about Sky.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    For those who didn't spot it, I was being sarcastic about Sky.

Iain, EVEN I know that (but you still do need to make sure you're rested for Jan/Feb)

:P
  • Oh dear. The Chicken's spraying the poop around liberally.
  • Oh dear. The Chicken's spraying the poop around liberally.

Smelly stuff chicken poop.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    You've spoilt my next visit to Nando's.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited October 2013
    From back in January..
    ThomThom wrote:
    Guys, this man has told EVERYTHING.
    So much dirt will come out of this. Really.

Well, there's your dirt..
    http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... ng&act=url
  • RideOnTime wrote:
    You've spoilt my next visit to Nando's.

I knew there was something sniffy about Nandos!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    ThomThom wrote:
    From back in January..
    ThomThom wrote:

Oh Christ :(:(:(

What am I going to watch on a sunday afternoon?!?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Blimey!
  • ddraver wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    From back in January..
    ThomThom wrote:

Oh Christ :(:(:(

What am I going to watch on a sunday afternoon?!?

At this rate repeats of Poirot on an endless loop might be your safest bet
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    edited October 2013
    Being surprised that someone over 30 at Garmin used to be a doper is like being surprised that someone at Alcoholics Anonymous used to be a drunk. It's a mobile twelve step programme.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • thomthom
    Yeh, but i'm not buying that you are not surprised by this.
  • RichN95.
    ThomThom wrote:
    Yeh, but i'm not buying that you are not surprised by this.
    There are very few riders over 30 I'd be truly surprised by (plenty I'd be disappointed by - Hesjedal being one). Hesjedal is ex-US Postal & Phonak - there was always a chance he had dabbled. Now, if he doped at Garmin I'd be surprised.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Scary stuff; just in time for halloween: Rasmu whipping Ryder into shape in his basement / cellar.
    ThomThom wrote:
    From back in January..
    ThomThom wrote:

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Thom, I don't recall any of us disagreeing with you...

but yes I'm surprised that Hesjedal is on ze list. But Rich makes a good point I suppose
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I'm surprised that anyone had the nerve to go and live in Chicken's cellar. I'd have been worried about what the hell I'd find in there.

No but seriously, it is the 'story' surrounding the revelations that is surprising not the idea that Ryder may have doped. Why was Rasmussen opening up his cellar to three Canadian mountain bikers? Why was he training them how to use EPO? What was in it for him? It's just a bizarre story rather than a surprising accusation.
  • I'm surprised that anyone had the nerve to go and live in Chicken's cellar. I'd have been worried about what the hell I'd find in there.

No but seriously, it is the 'story' surrounding the revelations that is surprising not the idea that Ryder may have doped. Why was Rasmussen opening up his cellar to three Canadian mountain bikers? Why was he training them how to use EPO? What was in it for him? It's just a bizarre story rather than a surprising accusation.

Ryder and Rasmussen were on Rabo together in 2003 (strictly speaking Ryder was on the development squad). Thats the best I've got for you.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Anyone think a "I was dirty back then but have been clean for a few years" confession from Rider?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • thomthom
    Anyone think a "I was dirty back then but have been clean for a few years" confession from Rider?

You mean the one Alberto should have opted for?
  • RichN95.
    I'm surprised that anyone had the nerve to go and live in Chicken's cellar. I'd have been worried about what the hell I'd find in there.

Ryder and Rasmussen were on Rabo together in 2003 (strictly speaking Ryder was on the development squad). Thats the best I've got for you.

More relevantly perhaps, he was a teammate* of all three of them at some point in his MTB days (Hesjedal less than the other two).

*Well, as much as MTB has teams.

Ah yes. That (sort of) explains it. I think. Does it? Whatever, its all very through the looking glass. :?
  • Having applied the brain bleach to all memories of the Chicken I had completely forgotten his chubby tired past.
  • epc06
    epc06 Posts: 214
    Why is he referred to as The Chicken?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Is this the first Garmin rider not outed by Vaughters on cycling forums?

Ryder would have had to know this was coming, so we can expect a confession or denial pretty quickly.
  • EPC06 wrote:
    Why is he referred to as The Chicken?

From a Danish cartoon character. Something about a bear and a chicken.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Just cos he looks like a chicken, innit?
  • PLEASE NO ONE POST THAT PHOTO, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE NO!