2014 Holiday thread

jimmythecuckoo
jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
edited November 2013 in The cake stop
Not telling you when as one of you will pilfer my house. But pleased to get sorted with hols.

Keycamp again. Bargain.

Comments

• A week cycling across the Pyrenees. 8)
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    52 weeks in the Algarve :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    team47b wrote:
    My annual leave starts again in January best mate :wink::wink:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:

If you ever get bored of that and fancy a swap for few weeks let me know :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Graham K
    Graham K Posts: 329
    Hoping for a few nights in Vegas in Jan,
    Weekend in Barcelona April ish,
    A wander drive/cycle through France May ish,
    Then London - Paris July.
  • Mallorca with the boys in March for a week on the bike, 2 weeks driving thru Jordan (the country) with Mrs V in Oct after the racing season is done...
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Can't afford a holiday next year :(

C'est la vie
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    crispybug2 wrote:

C'est la vie

If you seriously can't afford a holiday next year but your able to afford a ryan air flight to tenerife you can stop at my place for a week.

As for my own holidays, I would rather not say as mattc whatever his name is will come along and change the topic to suit his self humour :)
    Living MY dream.
  • Might a suggest a cycling holiday in Brittany?

http://www.frenchberry.com/cycling-holiday-brittany/
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Portugal for 3 months :D

Learning Italian will help, no seriously :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Graham K
    vitesse169 wrote:
    Mallorca with the boys in March for a week on the bike, 2 weeks driving thru Jordan (the country) with Mrs V in Oct after the racing season is done...

Wherebouts in Jordan are you going?
    Did a bike ride through there in 2010, actually found it an interesting country, Ive got a couple of travel books (lonely planet kinda thing) if you want them.

Petra - A must, I only did a day there, take 2 or 3, it is huge.
  • Graham K wrote:
    vitesse169 wrote:
    Mallorca with the boys in March for a week on the bike, 2 weeks driving thru Jordan (the country) with Mrs V in Oct after the racing season is done...

Did a bike ride through there in 2010, actually found it an interesting country, Ive got a couple of travel books (lonely planet kinda thing) if you want them.

Did a little research a couple years ago - looking at fly into Amman and stay for 3-4 days driving to Ajloun and towns in the north for the historic Roman antiquities. Drive south via Dead Sea etc, Kings highway/Petra/Wadi Rum and stay at Aqaba for the snorkelling before return to Amman to fly home.
    This will poss run to 17/18 days... Mrs V just said your offer of the books is v kind - yes please.
    Is this itinerary doable ? Is there anything else to include ?

Cheers - Mike.
  • VTech wrote:
    crispybug2 wrote:

C'est la vie

If you seriously can't afford a holiday next year but your able to afford a ryan air flight to tenerife you can stop at my place for a week.

As for my own holidays, I would rather not say as mattc whatever his name is will come along and change the topic to suit his self humour :)

where's your place in tenerife vtech? hopes its nowhere near the monkey beach in las americas...wouldnt sit on there or let you kids go on there if i were you... :P

also u in LV soon???
  • Graham K
    vitesse169 wrote:
    Graham K wrote:
    vitesse169 wrote:

Did a little research a couple years ago - looking at fly into Amman and stay for 3-4 days driving to Ajloun and towns in the north for the historic Roman antiquities. Drive south via Dead Sea etc, Kings highway/Petra/Wadi Rum and stay at Aqaba for the snorkelling before return to Amman to fly home.
    This will poss run to 17/18 days... Mrs V just said your offer of the books is v kind - yes please.
    Is this itinerary doable ? Is there anything else to include ?

Cheers - Mike.

Send us your address and I will post them out.

Madaba, Mount Nebo are worth a visit.
    The road from Azraq to Amman is 1 of the main arteries from Saudi/Iraq and is plentiful of checkpoints.
    Karak from the dead sea is a good uphill, we made the mistake of riding it :oops:
    Some lovely castle's and buildings dating back centuries.

We stayed at Dana Nature reserve, an eco friendly lodge, certainly not the Hilton for sure.
    If you like your history the place is steeped in it, unfortunatly I dont do much history so cant really help you out.

On a general, the locals were decent folk, yes you will get the odd chancer wanting to sting you, but where in the world wont you,
    Enjoy, its a lovely country and somewhere I am glad to have experianced.

The person in this photo is not a midget

72237_10150305338335214_4038658_n.jpg

Mount Nebo
    75314_10150304411215214_5131273_n.jpg

The Money shot
    37171_10150305336880214_3802239_n.jpg
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:
    crispybug2 wrote:

C'est la vie

where's your place in tenerife vtech? hopes its nowhere near the monkey beach in las americas...wouldnt sit on there or let you kids go on there if i were you... :P

also u in LV soon???

Its in Los Cristianos.
    I fly out to Vegas in the morning.
    Living MY dream.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Australia for a month, which will form the whole of my honeymoon. Flying into Sydney and residing there for 8 days as my sister currently lives there then up to Cairns and back along the east coast stopping for some sights before flying back from Sydney.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Graham K wrote:
    The Money shot
    Indiana Jones The Last Crusade 8)
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Mallorca with the club in March then 3 weeks in the Dordogne in Jul/Aug. Just so happens I'll be within riding distance of Bergerac for finish of the last road stage and ITT the next day. Hoe ever did that happen!? :wink:
  • VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    crispybug2 wrote:

C'est la vie

also u in LV soon???

Its in Los Cristianos.
    I fly out to Vegas in the morning.

u lucky b'stard!

well jell!!!!

where you staying?

los cristianos brings lots of happy memories. love siam water park too!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,472
    Have just opted out of continuing with our half share of a caravan in Devon that has been our main holiday for 10 years (other than a trip to Florida to celebrate when our youngest finished chemo). Hoping to go to Florida again if we can save the money for another celebration (eldest completing GCSEs) but in reality with finances I think it might be camping in France moving about a bit. I'll enjoy it whichever!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    VTech wrote:
    crispybug2 wrote:

C'est la vie

That would imply that I have some interest in your posts, I really don't give a sh!t about your nonsensical wafflings.
    Nice to see you're thinking of me though.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • VTech
    MattC59 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    crispybug2 wrote:

C'est la vie

That would imply that I have some interest in your posts, I really don't give a sh!t about your nonsensical wafflings.

For someone who has no interest in me, you sure do follow my posts my friend !
    we are all laughing at you :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • vtech how was vegas, where u stay was it busy???
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    Graham K wrote:
    The Money shot
    Indiana Jones The Last Crusade 8)

Or Karl Pilkington, An Idiot Abroad?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    VTech wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    crispybug2 wrote:

C'est la vie

For someone who has no interest in me, you sure do follow my posts my friend !
    we are all laughing at you :mrgreen:

Noticing a post by you, three weeks after you make it is hardly following you. Replying to mine 5 minutes after I made it, however is.

You might be laughing, I don't think anyone else is really bothered.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved