uplift driver job at BPW

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited November 2013 in MTB general
just seen this on FB, might interest someone?

If you fancy joining us as a uplift driver give us a shout! We need people with their D1 licence (no restrictions) and CPC. Please get in touch if you have the above qualifications and are interested in joining our fantastic team: anna@bikeparkwales.com

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Successful applicants must be grumpy.
  • And can't be bothered to check wrist bands.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Still not as bad as Cwmdown or UK Bike Park's drivers.
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860

Maybe you just ooze something people don't like the smell of and you get treated accordingly, that might explain your dissatisfaction with the world.
  • rockmonkeysc
    The uplift services at Gawton, Triscombe, FoD, Antur Stiniog and various race venues are always friendly and efficient. It's just BPW and Cwmdown which employ miserable drivers.
  • welshkev
    Louis and Kenny at cc have always been fine with me
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    The uplift services at Gawton, Triscombe, FoD, Antur Stiniog and various race venues are always friendly and efficient. It's just BPW and Cwmdown which employ miserable drivers.

Maybe they just don't like you? :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,150
    Yep, the CC drivers have always been very friendly and helpful to me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Very friendly.

A pattern is starting to emerge.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Mojo_666 wrote:

Maybe you just ooze something people don't like the smell of and you get treated accordingly, that might explain your dissatisfaction with the world.
    I think they're just jealous of how super pro he is.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:

Haha! True.

One of the strongest racers in the field, propping up the bottom third of the table ;)
  • rockmonkeysc
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:

Haha! True.

One of the strongest racers in the field, propping up the bottom third of the table ;)

I like to think of it as the fastest of the slow, the fat and the weak. Never had a last place yet......
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I like to think of it as the fastest of the slow, the fat and the weak. Never had a last place yet......

I like to focus on all the people too scared or weak to turn up at all. At every race I beat millions of people and am beaten by a mere 150 or so, that's pretty ****ing awesome.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Stevo_666
    Northwind wrote:

I like to focus on all the people too scared or weak to turn up at all. At every race I beat millions of people and am beaten by a mere 150 or so, that's pretty ****ing awesome.
    That must mean I'm an awesome downhiller, I've never been in the bottom third of any race :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That must mean I'm an awesome downhiller, I've never been in the bottom third of any race :wink:

I think you're definitely in the bottom third of the human race.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Stevo_666
    Northwind wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I think you're definitely in the bottom third of the human race.
    Member of the Crudcatcher so goes without saying.
  • rockmonkeysc
    I may be a bit slow but that doesn't change the fact that cwmcarn and bpw have the grumpiest uplift drivers.
    The quality of service at Gawton, FOD, Triscombe, Coombe Sydenham and Antur is much better. Even Taff Buggy is better and that's just a couple of old farmers.
  • welshkev
    I may be a bit slow but that doesn't change the fact that cwmcarn and bpw have the grumpiest uplift drivers.
    The quality of service at Gawton, FOD, Triscombe, Coombe Sydenham and Antur is much better. Even Taff Buggy is better and that's just a couple of old farmers.

I don't get what you mean? quality of service. I've only been to BPW once so can't really comment on that (but it was crap when I was there)

but at CC they pick you up and take you to the top as quick as the road allows them to, I don't really get what more you could want :?
  • rockmonkeysc
    Would be nice if that was all the driver did but every time I have been there the bus fills up and everyone waits another ten minutes while the driver has a chat with his mates. Grumpy bugger as well, first time there I loaded my bike wrong and he was arsey with me and my mates all day.
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Would be nice if that was all the driver did but every time I have been there the bus fills up and everyone waits another ten minutes while the driver has a chat with his mates. Grumpy bugger as well, first time there I loaded my bike wrong and he was arsey with me and my mates all day.

If that was at BPW then he was just finding out where the other drivers were, which they do so they don't all end up at the same place at the same time.
  • rockmonkeysc
    No, that was at Cwmcarn.
  • Lowride
    Lowride Posts: 214
    I went to BPW on wednesday for the first time and in the defence of the uplift driver that day, I'd like to say that he was sound. Not only did he let us ride when the lad in the shop had given us the wrong wrist band (he just said swap it at lunch) he also got straight out of the van and helped ppl gets their bikes off the trailor

It's not fair to tar everybody with the same brush