Any trails near Derby/Peaks?

L3BIUS
L3BIUS Posts: 91
edited October 2013 in Routes
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a trail near Derbyshire or just into the peaks, something similar to Gisburn forest as that looks exactly like what I want but its 117 miles away from me!

Cheers!
The New Beast GT Aggressor 2013 project

The Old Beast GT Aggressor Hardtail 2011 Custom Spec

Places i want to visit:
Gisburn Forest, Afan Forest, Holmbury Hill, Forest of Dean, Antur Stiniog, Fort William, Tweed Valley, Cwmcarn

Comments

• Sherwood Pines is worth a blast, flat and a bit tame but fun if ridden fast. Plenty of natural stuff if you head up to Ladybower / Edale (1 hr 20 mins from Notts/ Derby border). Trails round Matlock/ Cromford or closer to home try Shining cliff & Crich chase out of Ambergate.
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    Cannock Chase can be got to in just less than an hour too - more challenging and technical than Sherwood by a long way if you to Follow the Dog and Monkey Trail.
  • smegg40
    smegg40 Posts: 75
    There are few trails out at Ticknall/Melbourne,only 20 mins on bike from Derby always good for a local blast,but there are better routes around Matlock/Cromford/Ashover bit further off but still worth it ?,then as Pedal head says Ladybower/Edale to name but a few,just stick a pin in a map of Derbyshire.

I am riding at Gisburn this weekend,rode the 8 last year and it was great but they have added some since then,can't wait :D