n00b turbo question

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
Hi

sorry if these have been asked before, tried a search but not found anything similar.

after setting up my turbo, i have a turbo tyre on the bike (which is red) and after use there is red dust everywhere behind the turbo from the tyre, it is also has really high resistance, even on the easiest setting.

is this normal? or have i set it up wrong?
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• dnwhite88
    dnwhite88 Posts: 285
    Mine did this, it felt like the tyre was slipping every couple of pedal rotations. I pumped the tyre up harder and it solved the problem
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster"
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Never had the dust problem, recommended pressure is 105/109 psi on the tyre I have.
    Level 1 tension is really easy to spin but level 2 is quite a bit harder (5 level settings on mine). :)
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    i'll check the tyre pressure but pretty sure it was pumped up.

how should the wheel sit on the roller? should it be on top, or should the wheel be further forward? think the roller on mine is towards the back of the wheel.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • what turbo do you have?
    Coach to Michael Freiberg - Track World Champion (Omnium) 2011
    Coach to James Hayden - Transcontinental Race winner 2017, and 2018
    Coach to Jeff Jones - 2011 BBAR winner and 12-hour record
    Check out our new website https://www.cyclecoach.com
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Chris Bass wrote:
    i'll check the tyre pressure but pretty sure it was pumped up.

how should the wheel sit on the roller? should it be on top, or should the wheel be further forward? think the roller on mine is towards the back of the wheel.
    Mine does not sit on top of the roller, it sits further forward slightly over the top arc of the roller.