1-2-3-4

FJS
FJS Posts: 4,820
edited October 2013 in Pro race
I'm assuming no need for spoilers for the Tour of Hainan; Today's result is taking the p**s though. After having 1-2 sprint finishes with Bos and Hofland all week, Belkin got a 1-2-3-4 today!

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tou ... 7_Dongfang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP0EU5_AVTg

Don't think I've ever seen that before. It's a 2.hc category race for crying out loud! OK, the startlist is pretty poor, but Champion System, Crelan and CCC aren't that weak

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Shock as WT Team destroy sub-standard opposition. Really?!
  • FJS
    TMR wrote:
    To be honest, yes. There's a number of European Pro-conti teams there with full professionals, not some local amateurs. You'd expect a WT team to win, and I could see a 1-2-3-4 on a mountain top finish or so, but a bunch sprint?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,577
    Reminds me of procycling manager sprints on easy....

Totally ridiculous.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    FJS wrote:
    TMR wrote:
    To be honest, yes. There's a number of European Pro-conti teams there with full professionals, not some local amateurs. You'd expect a WT team to win, and I could see a 1-2-3-4 on a mountain top finish or so, but a bunch sprint?

Really? I can see a sprint train riding off the front due to the next guy missing the wheel, a crash or a corner but never are you going to see a team ride away in the mountains like that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    IIRC There was an FF thread with pictures of the French Army team doing the same.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    Rapha Condor did the same thing in one of the circuit races a couple of years ago with Clancy in the National Crit champs jersey the winner.

eliteseries2011colne.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Short clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imIbEmxiDx0

I dont recognize anyone in the top ten apart from Boom and Theo.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    FJS wrote:
    and I could see a 1-2-3-4 on a mountain top finish or so, but a bunch sprint?
    Really? I can see a sprint train riding off the front due to the next guy missing the wheel, a crash or a corner but never are you going to see a team ride away in the mountains like that.
    I'd say so; climbing is purely about ability: if you put Quintana, Valverde, Intxausti and Costa in a race with a very weak field I can see them finish 1st to 4th on a MTF of they simply happen to be clearly the best climbers. A bunch sprint is about positioning (unless of course you go the crash behind a lead out train scenario you describe)
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Did Quick Step not get a 1 2 3 in one of the classics. Johan Museuw won it. Not that long ago, but I cant be bothered to check.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    mike6 wrote:
    Did Quick Step not get a 1 2 3 in one of the classics. Johan Museuw won it. Not that long ago, but I cant be bothered to check.
    Mapei at the 1996 Paris-Roubaix. They came 5th as well.

As with the Gewiss 1-2-3 at the 1994 Fleche Wallonne, it's probably best to take that result with a large pinch of salt.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    that race is ranked higher than the tour of britain according to the title of the youtube clip :shock:
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    Bennett-win-2-600x395.jpg

Sam Bennett and some friends at the last stage of the An Post Ras 2013
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • arnuf
    arnuf Posts: 98
    RichN95 wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    Mapei at the 1996 Paris-Roubaix. They came 5th as well.

As with the Gewiss 1-2-3 at the 1994 Fleche Wallonne, it's probably best to take that result with a large pinch of salt.

They also did in 98, 99 and 01. The Gewiss comparison doesnt work. No team is build around this race like Lefevere's.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Which year was the famous Gewiss team time trial stage where they just rode away from everyone? Or was it all those years
  • FJS
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Which year was the famous Gewiss team time trial stage where they just rode away from everyone? Or was it all those years
    That was the 94 Fleche Walonne
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    FJS wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

They looked like robots!
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    FJS wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

Belachelijk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3rZphEtzSM
  • frenchfighter
    tour_hainan_2013.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    1393879_10151959331029015_975085234_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest