Trick or Treating

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited October 2013 in The cake stop

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Anyone else I'd chastise for lack of effort. But in your case, less is more. Keep it up :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • uckfay ofway ouyay osswittay! ownay echsvtay oneday anway apparentway unkbay imway ethay eatmay andway 1 egvay ofway isthay aceplay
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    uckfay ofway ouyay osswittay! ownay echsvtay oneday anway apparentway unkbay imway ethay eatmay andway 1 egvay ofway isthay aceplay

Some teenage yoof has logged on as Mantis and is posting boll0cks.....oh hang on :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • i wish i was teenage still, my chuffing acl would still be intact, giving me right gip in this cold weather.

back on topic
  • i was never allowed trick or treating as a kid, think there may have been some misspent egging as a youth mnd, was anyone else? do you let your kids go? have you suffered at the hands of trick or treaters?
  • arran77
    It doesn't quite seem the same these days, you get the knock on the door and when you open it you see the little shites standing on your door step and then the little shites parents standing watching at the end of your front garden.

If you're gonna let your kids out to beg for sweets at least let them do it on their own and learn to deal with the consequences :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Guising.

I will trick any American impostors.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • wtf, is this some chuffing northern thing?!
  • daviesee
    wtf, is this some chuffing northern thing?!
    It used to be a British thing.
    Until the American way infiltrated in the early '80s.
    Easy money/sweets for lazy feckless f......

I will hold on to our own traditions, thank you very much.
  • isn't it a different name for practically the same function?
  • arran77
    isn't it a different name for practically the same function?

Yeah, begging and causing trouble :evil:

seanoconn
  • Hopefully the weather on Thursday night will be bad. That usually deters the scrounging little oiks from venturing out.
  • daviesee
    isn't it a different name for practically the same function?
    No.
    Up here, guising involved the children getting dressed up and going out as a group knocking on doors to hopefully receive treats.
    Similar so far.
    But they had to sing a song, tell a joke or recite a poem to earn the treats.
    And any "tricking" (which didnt exist) would be dealt with by a clip round the ear.
  • in conclsuion they are quite similar
  • arran77
    I'm going to get one of these to wear on the night, watch the little shites run when I answer the door :wink:

ys4n.jpg

seanoconn
  • daviesee
    in conclsuion they are quite similar
    Except for teaching them to earn a crust and that mischief will be punished, yes.

Important lessons though. :wink:
  • Bloody trick or treat, American import bollox.

Demanding money/sweets with menaces in my opinion.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Bloody trick or treat, American import bollox.

Demanding money/sweets with menaces in my opinion.
    ^^This :evil:
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    I've been decorating the house since the kids were little, they are all but grown up now, but we still look forward to it. Where i live it seems to be an unwritten rule that you only go to houses that openly advertise that they are playing.

We get groups of kids coming round, some teens and some real tinies with their mums. I opened the door to an 18" high witch a couple of years back, who wished me "Happy Ween" :lol: love it, I was dressed as DEATH at the time.

They're usually polite and if they're less than happy with a few Haribos Mrs Slog puts in a bowl for them, they have the good manners not to show it

The older I get, the better I was.

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Harmless round my way. And I'm not there on Thursday anyway. My kids do it - with strict rules - only round to friends' houses (so effectively, we all give each other sweets) :lol:

Last year we had some teenage girls come round trick or treating. Many replies or possible avenues to explore wandered unchecked through my head. Then I took the simple option and told them to **** off, reminding them I knew where they lived in case they tried anything :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Just don't give them money; the kids these are well used to people not being prepared and so giving out money instead of sweets; do don't fall foul of it, have some sweets ready, and watch their faces drop as they get a handful of chocolate instead of the pound coin they were after.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    I put a 'No Trick or Treating' notice outside my house. We seem to get the local underclass trawling our road on the 31st and they are only interested in cash.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Mr Goo wrote:
    I put a 'No Trick or Treating' notice outside my house. We seem to get the local underclass trawling our road on the 31st and they are only interested in cash.

This ^ Except for the sign. I just don't answer the door :roll:

I did go down the route of getting toffees and stuff in for them for a few years, but when they started to look really dissapointed it wasn't cash, I thought "**ck 'em" :evil:

What happened to "Cob coalin' " was this just a Manc thing? Out as a well mannered gang singing daft songs, with no hint of mischief if you got nowt!
  • Brussell sprouts dipped in chocolate & wrapped in foil so they look like Ferrero Rocher. Ha Ha, little b4astards. :twisted:
    Battaglin C11
    Carrera LRS2
    Carrera Jabberwock
    Kona Paddy wagon fixed
    Carlton Catalina