• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Aww hadn't heard that... Yes, me too
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    On Sunday morning as well
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Just listening to Romeo Had Juliette. Reed has left behind about 30-40 absolute classic songs, which is really phenomenal.

Not a Perfect Day.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    No longer waiting for the man....some of the finest rock music ever. I can still remember the first time I heard The Gift - but not much else for some years after.

The DVD of one of the shows the VU did in Germany in c.1990 as a prelude to a reunited tour of USA which never happened (partly because of Sterling's death a few weeks after that gig) is the best pure rock n roll "display" you will ever see.

A loss. Rock on Lou.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Just yesterday the 'Bands you wish you'd been into' thread got me thinking about the Velvet Underground reunion back in the early 90s (some friends went to one of the shows but I wasn't interested at the time, though was kicking myself afterwards). That led me back last night to the first album, which still sounds incredibly modern, probably because every left field guitar band is still copying them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw4tHPUK6ig

A sad day, but a great legacy.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    lou wrote:
    Romeo Rodriguez squares his shoulders and curses Jesus, runs a comb through his black pony-tail
    He's thinking of his lonely room, the sink that by his bed gives off a stink, then smells her perfume in his eyes
    And her voice was like a bell
    Great music, sad day.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Lou Reed wrote:
    Don't believe none of what you hear, half of what you see

Except, maybe, this:

viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12946628
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    NapoleonD wrote:
    :(

Loved his music.

• BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    RIP Lou.

Must be a childhood connection thingy - I still think of that S&M Pirelli ad when I hear 'Shiny Shiny......'

One of many great songs.
  • Old_Timer
    Old_Timer Posts: 262
    Been humming "Sweet Jane" all evening here. He was a ground breaker and his music will continue to influence bands and writers for a long time.
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    10,000 buyers 10,000 bands.
    I didn't.