looking after the little general

dave02
dave02 Posts: 325
edited October 2013 in The bottom bracket
Was reading an article in a bike mag about "sports Bras" (i had read everything else) and it was refering to keeping things in order when your cycling, it got me thinking about the boys in the pad zone, whats your story on keeping them in order.
Are you having to keep sorting them out when you change position ,ie sitting up , stopping, etc, or is it just ME. :oops:

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Just you I think - unless there's anyone else out there who also has the wrong size shorts...
  • sev112
    sev112 Posts: 99
    Massage them up inside before you go out ...
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Outside my bits are fine, hard efforts on the turbo leave my bits numb!
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I think Assos new shorts have a banana hammock built in.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • dave02
    massage sounds ok, wrong size shorts is a load of b
    ks, anyone tried a pouch,! :roll: :shock:
  • farrina
    farrina Posts: 360
    Asprilla wrote:

Yes that thought went through my mind as well - it was in the comic that I saw it mentioned.

That said they had better be classed as the "crown jewels" as the price of the new bibs was north of £300

Regards

Alan
    Regards
    Alan
  • I get numb nuts on a turbo as well! Wierd! I tend to scoop them up before I go out! Sometimes feels like I might pinch a bit of flesh every now and then In the groin area but a little shift around and it's all sorted!
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    The turbo tends to mean you sit in a very static position for some time. Mix it up a bit, as you would outside, and you won't get numb nuts. Stand for a bit, use the drops, etc, etc.
  • dave02
    Yea
    Keep moving if you are on the turbo, scooping up is fine to, but dont forget to cream up to keep your pads soft :)
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I just make sure it's well tucked into my sock.
    Insert bike here:
  • Moved the topic to the bottom bracket where it belongs
    left the forum March 2023
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Moved the topic to the bottom bracket where it belongs

This threads going to get a whole lot more interesting now it's here :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Wear lycra.
    Never, ever go out in baggies.
    From experience. :shock: :oops: :evil:

Those folk that ride on knobbly tyres must be masochists.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • dave02
    i wear ankle socks, its a perfectly good topic and it just shows that males are more uptight about discussing personal issues, let it out, its good to talk, its not a bottom bracket topic its a more sensitive area, :lol: :twisted:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Imposter wrote:
    Just you I think - unless there's anyone else out there who also has the wrong size shorts...
    If only they made medium shorts for the extra large, gifted gentleman. It's always a bit snug down there.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    @ dave02 - just when you thought you were out, you get pulled back in.
    This place is where you belong fella (I presume you are a fella, given the confusing OP and the 'dave' bit of your username).
    Ugo has done you (and us) a favour. More bollox please - your posts are A1 and we have all the answers in BB: look no further.
    BTW - Did you tell her in the end?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • dave02
    i have enough room to keep my tool kit in there, and i have a gcse in history (pretty gifted eh) its not about size or shape its all about where you put them, its worst still in winter, do you use protection on cold outings, iam not saying iam outing, iam as straight as a cork screw, but thats another post, no i didnt tell her i just bought 100 rolls of WHITE tape and told her it was a new coat. 8) :wink:
  • macroadie
    macroadie Posts: 172
    dave02 wrote:
    Yea
    Keep moving if you are on the turbo, scooping up is fine to, but dont forget to cream up to keep your pads soft :)
    used to get em' numb on the turbo untill my wife wanted to share the turbo and had to get her a more comfy women saddle. Problem fixed.
  • dave02
    two things, 1st, wife on a turbo relieving numb bits, 2nd why would it help you if she was sat on a comfy seat. do you watch telly or listen to music when your doin it, i still have a very small mtb bike for sale 1" wheels, if you had to choose would you prefer to be out sprinted by a pro girl or boy racer, what size is average ? :P
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    One reason they get numb on the turbo is if the front wheel isn't raised the bike is pointing slightly downwards putting more pressure on them.
  • dave02
    you dont have to look up on the turbo so spend all your session with your head hanging down wondering :WHAT the F--K am i doin on this thing on a fri night,
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Whatever you do dont try watching any adult entertainment whilst on the turbo...
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Asprilla wrote:

I don't really need that - a 'peanut pouch' would be fine.

"Bit nippy out", etc.
  • dave02
    its either turbo trainer or hand jiving i cant manage both on the same day, and did you know peanuts grow underground :shock: I KNOW !
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    dave02 wrote:
    did you know peanuts grow underground :shock: I KNOW !

I grew some to see how they do this, I thought probably the same as a potato, but no...

...I planted some peanuts (fresh not roasted!) they grow into small plants, they flower, and after pollination a stem emerges from the centre of the flower and grows like a floyd until it gets long enough and bends over and penetrates the soil and the nut grows on the end of this stem :shock:

Next week tips on growing rice in a dry climate.

Wrong forum :oops:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • dave02
    I am so sorry i have created a monster, i remember when we called them monkey nuts but i dont think you can say that now, a bit like Muffin the Mule, thats frowned on these days as well, because of global warming there are no "dry climates" so dont bother ok, :roll:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    dave02 wrote:
    I am so sorry i have created a monster, i remember when we called them monkey nuts but i dont think you can say that now, a bit like Muffin the Mule, thats frowned on these days as well, because of global warming there are no "dry climates" so dont bother ok, :roll:

Classic Bollox spouting dave02. You will be at the top of your tree soon.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!