Monday's commute

Southgate
Southgate Posts: 246
edited October 2013 in Commuting chat
Let's hope it's not as bad as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPwAIo0fseM
Superstition begins with pinning race number 13 upside down and it ends with the brutal slaughter of Mamils at the cake stop.

Comments

• jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    30mph head wind for me in the morning apparently. Then not much tail assist in the evening. Typical
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Is it a bad day to breakout the fixie out? :lol:
  • Bustacapp
    Bustacapp Posts: 971
    Not looking forward to my commute tomorrow it must be said.
  • jds_1981 wrote:
    30mph head wind for me in the morning apparently. Then not much tail assist in the evening. Typical

be a tail wind, for myself and my wife, and head wind back, likely to be slow both ways picking way though branches etc, in the park.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Looking at my options, and the forecast, I think the bike still makes sense though I'm basing that on the likelihood of the tube being screwed. After a strong ride today I'm not wedded to having to be on the bike tomorrow so I'll see what its like at 7am and make a decision there. No amount of MTFU will get over an overdose of tree branch to the head...
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Looking at my options, and the forecast, I think the bike still makes sense though I'm basing that on the likelihood of the tube being screwed. After a strong ride today I'm not wedded to having to be on the bike tomorrow so I'll see what its like at 7am and make a decision there. No amount of MTFU will get over an overdose of tree branch to the head...
    No, but a crash helmet will. :wink:
    Some would have you believe it would save you from a building falling on your head.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Rode in, no tree branches to the head but I did get attacked by a particularly vicious leaf. After a short pause to weep I took a dose of MTFU and managed to make it the rest of the way in. I'm currently typing this 1 handed as a result though ;)
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    I took a dose of MTFU and managed to make it the rest of the way in. I'm currently typing this 1 handed as a result though ;)

No need to get that excited ;)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Rode in, no tree branches to the head but I did get attacked by a particularly vicious leaf. After a short pause to weep I took a dose of MTFU and managed to make it the rest of the way in. I'm currently typing this 1 handed as a result though ;)

You mean to say the commute got you randy horny??
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875