My new Planet X pro carbon

mk1fish
mk1fish Posts: 23
edited October 2013 in Your road bikes
Picked her up today from triathlon zone in St. Albans. Can't recommend them enough professional, knowledgable and a great service.

Choose SRAM rival, upgraded the rear to force, also have shimano r500 wheels which will do over the winter.

Took her for a quick spin earlier had to adjust stem & bar position to suit but it won't be till sat morning till its gets a good ride I'm sure a little more adjustment required.

Little pic

null_zpsed8d0533.jpg

Comments

• mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    Snap!

Looks nice - enjoy it.
    Insert bike here:
  • Dozzina
    Dozzina Posts: 44
    I bought the Sram Red deal that they did last year. Superb bike. Upgraded frame and wheels after a while but really impressed me.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice bike...
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    You'll have hours of fun on it. :)
  • mk1fish
    first proper ride tmw morning. will be good to get some miles on her, took it down the road and back to get a little more adjustment, think I have found a nice position ill have a better idea after 20/30 miles
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Now you can save up for a nice set of deep rimmed carbon wheels ready for next Summer. great bike!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • mk1fish
    Would love a nice set of wheels for it.

Well some feedback over 21.2 mile loop about 5 mins faster than my old steel bike which is not surprising I could really feel the difference going up hills and the power transfer so all in all very happy. Seat it a tad hard but that will probably soften up with a few more rides.

Highly recommend
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Had a PX saddle on mine which was OK but changed it for a Selle Italia SLR which is less padded but comfier believe it or not. :)
  • Hope you're getting on well with it, great looking bike, especially in the white !!!
    I also used Tri-Zone at St Albans and am eagerly awaiting a phone call to say that my RT-57 has arrived, like you found them very helpful and took all the hassle out of ordering online.
    Like you I'm already keeping an eye out for a nice set of carbon clinchers for next summer :)
  • mk1fish
    Simmsy77 wrote:
    Hope you're getting on well with it, great looking bike, especially in the white !!!
    I also used Tri-Zone at St Albans and am eagerly awaiting a phone call to say that my RT-57 has arrived, like you found them very helpful and took all the hassle out of ordering online.
    Like you I'm already keeping an eye out for a nice set of carbon clinchers for next summer :)

yeah really helpful especially with the bike fit before hand then at least you know you have all the right parts on the bike rather than off the shelf then have to spend more money to get the right stem etc.

post some pics when it arrives