what is it with the 0

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,424
edited October 2013 in The bottom bracket
30, 40, 50, 60 etc

Didn't mind being 41 or even 53 so why does having an 0 on the end of my age pi55 me off? Going to be 60 tomorrow, where the fark did that go, I mean I know I don't remember much after woodstock and missed most of the seventies but WTF :shock: I realise most of you thought I was 70+ already but at this rate I will have to move to Cornwall and ask MrsT to think for me :D I'm 3 years older than my car FFS!

Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder :roll:
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    You're the sharpest cat among the BB crowd (not the best compliment :lol: ) and you're pretty cool for a 60 year old :D

I think it's safe to say you've still got it, it's just a number
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    edited October 2013
    Does this mean you can moth ball the Isetta and get a bus pass, or is it a donkey voucher in those parts?

Happy Birthday Old boy , sure you got more go left in ya than most of us :D

I thought you were having problems with Roy Orbison when I saw the title.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Didn't have you down as a geriatric roadie T47, Mikey23 yes, but not you :shock:

Perhaps we could start up a BB retiree's commune, you and Mikey for starters, more of us to follow in future years (if we make it :wink: ).

:)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    arran77 wrote:
    Perhaps we could start up a BB retiree's commune

I am not retired you cheeky little fecker, when I got to 51 I said feck this and stopped going to work, I am independently wealthy so didn't need the money, but don't tell Vtwonk that or I'll have to buy a fcuckin watch :D

Feeling much better for all your kind words, thank you.

Still 59 though:D
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    team47b wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Perhaps we could start up a BB retiree's commune

I am not retired you cheeky little fecker, when I got to 51 I said feck this and stopped going to work, I am independently wealthy so didn't need the money, but don't tell Vtwonk that or I'll have to buy a fcuckin watch :D

Feeling much better for all your kind words, thank you.

Still 59 though:D
    Sounds like retirement to me.

Enjoy your last few hours of 59 and happy Birthday after that! :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Happy 60th for tomorrow team47b. I said happy 60th for tomorrow team47b. I shall wish you all the best again tomorrow, as you'll probably have forgotten any of this. :wink:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    9Lpy-1n0-1.gif?height=400&scale=max&width=400
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    team47b wrote:
    30, 40, 50, 60 etc

Didn't mind being 41 or even 53 so why does having an 0 on the end of my age pi55 me off?

Don't worry mate, in 366 days, you will be over your 0 phobia.

Say this quick enough and it sounds like an Isetta:

"Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder Foder"

Happy birthday to you
    Squashed tomatoes and stew
    Bread and butter in the gutter
    Happy birthday to you.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    I like this thread because I don't feel like such an old fart any more :)

Happy birthday for tomorrow you old fecker 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chr*st how old are u fookers? is someone challenging mikey as 'father of the forum'!?!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Happy birthday for tomorrow old man. I'm with Stevo and feeling young all of a sudden.
    One of my customers was telling me today that he thought he might get lucky tonight, then he said at his age that meant he got to choose what was on the telly. :P
  • You're as young now as you'll ever be, so don't knock it!
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    chr*st how old are u fookers? is someone challenging mikey as 'father of the forum'!?!
    You go first....

I'm definitely younger than some of these geriatric pervs thankfully.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    Nice try Stevo, but I can't see anyone being stooopid enough to admit their age on this forum as everyone will forever rib you about it - doh!

Still 59 :D
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:
    Nice try Stevo, but I can't see anyone being stooopid enough to admit their age on this forum as everyone will forever rib you about it - doh!

Still 59 :D

Not now you're not, many happy returns old man!!!

Just think if you were in the UK you could now get free prescriptions/eye tests :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    The 0 at the end of my age goes in a couple of weeks and I'm going to miss it :(

Happy birthday team47b
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    @team47b... Happy birthday
  • ballysmate
    Happy bithday!
    Drinks all round at the Drovers in Sennybridge if you all can make it tonight. :lol:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    bday.gif
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • team47b
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Happy bithday!
    Drinks all round at the Drovers in Sennybridge if you all can make it tonight. :lol:

Is that the one near the golf course?
  • ballysmate
    team47b wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Happy bithday!

Is that the one near the golf course?

it can be near to anything you like - it's your birthday after all. :lol:
  • team47b
    OK, it's the one facing the beach that is in reality an indian restaurant, see you all there :D
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Happy Birthday that man!

I always imagined you as younger too, generally because for me in my job, most people are. :wink:

Hope you have a good day, but I suppose if you aren't going to work it can't be much else!

The older I get, the better I was.

• team47b
    Thanks everyone for all your kind words, off out now to *celebrate, will report back later :D

*everyday is a celebration but today two things have already happened that don't usually happen, I ate some chocolate biscuits and it absolutely pi55ed down, will the excitement never end! :D
  • Well mr. team 47b I've got news for you , every O is like hitting a brick wall physique- stamina- eyesight-hair you name it mate & it goes south. Trust me I'm older than you & can speak from experience, the Os may not get everything this time around but they can bide their time & will just wait till further down the line.Bet that's cheered you up!!!!!
  • team47b
    Well mr. team 47b I've got news for you , every O is like hitting a brick wall physique- stamina- eyesight-hair you name it mate & it goes south. Trust me I'm older than you & can speak from experience, the Os may not get everything this time around but they can bide their time & will just wait till further down the line.Bet that's cheered you up!!!!!

Cheery old fecker aren't you bet it's that sunny disposition that keeps you going :D

I already have everything so it's not an issue but I am fitter, stronger, healthier in general terms, more stamina, less fat, more muscle, lower BMI, still have all my hair etc

If you find you are slowing down - get a better bike :D
  • It's not the better bike I need it's the legs & I must admit I'm having a few mental problems, I don't know who he is but I'm being followed ( every shop window- every mirror) this old bloke is stalking me, when I get hold of him I'll punch his lights out.
  • team47b
    do you ever think why do I have a picture of my dad in the bathroom?
  • certainly do, they say it's a wise child that knows it's father, every time I look in the mirror my father stares back at me ( but I'm not very wise)