TDF Cambridge Next Year...

andyb78
andyb78 Posts: 156
edited October 2013 in Commuting chat
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News/Route-of-Tour-de-France-2014-through-Cambridge-revealed-20131023115637.htm

400,000 people descending on Cambridge? Really?!

Looks like there should be some good spots to see the peloton pootle through though. Might take the day off work!
Road bike FCN 6

Hardtail Commuter FCN 11 (Apparently, but that may be due to the new beard...)

Comments

• skybie
    skybie Posts: 59
    Already booked the day off :D
    Thought I would go into Cambridge but after seeing the route there are some really nice villages they are going through so I have changed my mind. The thought of trying to get into Cambridge on a normal day is bad enough but on the race day it will be mental :(
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    the miserable old gits out in force in the message section i see...
    FCN = 4
  • zippy483
    zippy483 Posts: 104
    Could anyone point me to a resource that shows the actual route please I don't seem to be able to find anything other than the map with a vague arc from cambridge to london ??
  • zippy483 wrote:
    Could anyone point me to a resource that shows the actual route please I don't seem to be able to find anything other than the map with a vague arc from cambridge to london ??

official TDF site has a zoomable map.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Solstice21 wrote:
    zippy483 wrote:

official TDF site has a zoomable map.

have you got a link for this? I can't seem to find the zoomable map
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Weird! I think it's down or been pulled. Try this though......

http://www.letour.2014stage3.com/wp-con ... ersion.pdf
  • andyb78
    MTB-Idle wrote:

Not sure what this means??!! If you're referring to me MTB, you've got it just a little wrong...
    Road bike FCN 6

• andyb78 wrote:
    MTB-Idle wrote:

Not sure what this means??!! If you're referring to me MTB, you've got it just a little wrong...
    Unless you're one of the miserable gits who has posted a comment in reply to the article then there's no reason to assume they're referring to you.
  • I mis-read and thought stage 3 was starting from Ambridge. I was looking forward to Eddy trying to sell the riders "Borcestershire EPO".
  • andyb78
    andyb78 wrote:
    MTB-Idle wrote:

Unless you're one of the miserable gits who has posted a comment in reply to the article then there's no reason to assume they're referring to you.

Aha!! Gotcha. Think a bit of paranoia set in there for some reason? Sorry MTB! The CEN comments are legendary...Raymond Brown as author and chief agitator of the cyclist / motorist debate casues me much mirth on at least a weekly basis...
    Road bike FCN 6

• windmill
    24/10/2013 21:47
    July 7th 2014 OK. Must take my holiday then! Hope they have plenty of helpers picking up all the discarded needles.
  • sswiss
    sswiss Posts: 354
    andyb78 wrote:
    The CEN comments are legendary...Raymond Brown as author and chief agitator of the cyclist / motorist debate casues me much mirth on at least a weekly basis...

...^...as a Cambridge resident the CEN is full of comedy journalism....not deliberately laughable, if you know what I mean! :D

I for one will am looking forward to le tour coming through Cambridge...won't ever happen again!
  • iand-83
    iand-83 Posts: 132
    I am looking forwards to it too, going to be booking the day off work once I am allowed to book any holiday next year.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Presumably the bit in cambridge centre, being the start of the stage, will be a neutralised pootle and the flag will only drop once they are heading out of town.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Can't wait!

The start line is visible from our office car park, and we're having a big BBQ for some of the people we do business with.

We have a large, secure walled car-park about 10 metres from the start line so I've suggested to the boss that we offer paddock facilities to Team Sky!! :D