Halfords opinions please

ROO1
ROO1 Posts: 4
edited November 2013 in The hub
Hi guys,

Doing a project on Halfords at the mo. Would you all mind giving me your feedback on their strengths and weaknesses please

Thanks

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Strengths - some good bikes at sensible prices. Weaknesses - everything else.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Strengths - buying power, high street presence, market share

Weaknesses - customer expectations, low end range dilutes product quality, massive variance in staff skills
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • As 97th choice really . Plus for me was the Boardman and have to have to say it was set up perfectly.
  • Kowalski675
    As 97th choice really . Plus for me was the Boardman and have to have to say it was set up perfectly.

Guessing you didn't buy it from Harrogate branch then, lol. :lol:
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    ROO1 wrote:
    Hi guys,

Doing a project on Halfords at the mo. Would you all mind giving me your feedback on their strengths and weaknesses please

Thanks

What sort of project?
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    One of the women at my local branch is fitter than a fit bird from fit town, however she is so thick she needs to read the instructions on a bottle of water. Cant understand how a big titted blonde bimbo got the job.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Always got the impression that the bike hut staff are too busy trying to maximise bike sales to provide decent after sales support.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Very useful to have around. Especially for car stuff.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    stubs wrote:
    Cant understand how a big titted blonde bimbo got the job.
    Maybe not but as she can get 15-25% off everything in store (plus special access to special deals) she sounds like the perfect GF!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Kowalski675
    Is that all the discount they give staff? That's a bit piss poor.
  • weakness - lack of grease applied to a headset before building a bike up
    strength - strong will to save costs where possible
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    weakness: they wouldn't let me buy a bike they had on display, they wanted me to wait a week so they could order one in. i'd checked on line that they had said bike in stock - yes 3 -travelled 20 mins to go and buy it - sorry you can't have it :?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    weakness - lack of grease applied to a headset before building a bike up
    strength - strong will to save costs where possible
    why did you go to Halfords for a custom build?

or if you are refering to a complete bike bought (Boradman/Vodoo/etc) then they do not build the bikes that is how they come.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    nicklouse wrote:
    or if you are refering to a complete bike bought (Boradman/Vodoo/etc) then they do not build the bikes that is how they come.

If they're not putting enough grease in a the headset, that is still a weakness of halfords regardless of where it is built :?

It's not weaknesses of the staff, it's weaknesses of Halfords
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Halfords are the same as any other shop, some are good some are bad.

For example Ipswich Halfords - sh*t, Colchester Halfords - not so sh*t
    Ipswich Waitrose - amazing service and they have probably the fittest female supermarket employee I've ever seen, Colchester Waitrose - sh*t and full of mongs don't realise the difference between cockles and mussels.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Alive-alive-ho

2 posts and an entirely open question with next to no parameters about halfords? Is this project about market share/customer service/brand recognition/stock selection/pricing?

I smell a troll....
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Makes no difference, he posted and left. Hasn't been back.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If they're not putting enough grease in a the headset, that is still a weakness of halfords regardless of where it is built :?
    The point is that it arrives at Halfords with that already done (forks fitted), so Halfords aren't putting any grease in, it was done at the factory, so blame the factory not Halfords, or is that too hard for you to grasp
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.