Forme Winter Build - Now in winter livery

arlowood
arlowood Posts: 2,561
edited October 2013 in Your road bikes
Posted back in April when I first finished this build and have been riding it in summer garb since then. Was so happy with it that I eventually sold my Trek Madone since I couldn't justify having it sitting redundant in the garage. 'Fraid her indoors doesn't subscribe to the n+1 rule.

With the crap weather now upon us I've just finished fettling it up for winter duties. Apart from the guards there are a few minor tweaks to the earlier spec I posted.

10439706436_98ec9ec6af_b.jpg

Specification as follows:-

Frame:- Forme Longcliffe 2.0 (56cm) with carbon forks, alu steerer and FSA headset
Shifters:- Shimano 105 5700
Chainset:- Shimano 105
Front Derailleur:- Shimano 105 band on
Rear Derailleur:- Shimano 105
Brakes :- Forme Branded long reach
Cabling:- Shimano
Stem:- Deda Zero 1
Seat Post:- Ritchey Comp
Bars:- Bontrager VR-C
Bar Tape:- Bontrager
Pedals:- Look Keo
Saddle:- Fizik Aliante Versus
Cassette:- Shimano Tiagra 12-30
Tyres:- Continental GP4000S 700 x 25
Mudguards:- SKS Bluemels Road (Narrow Matt Black)
Wheelset:- Mavic Open Pro rims with Novatec hubs (141/482) and DT spokes

Frame was purchased from Paul Milnes Cycles via Fleabay and the majority of the parts were sourced through the "Classifieds" on this forum or from Fleabay. The wheels were custom builds courtesy of our resident guru Ugo - these were I swapped from the Trek .

Should be able to check out the effectiveness of the mudguards pretty soon with the forecast over the coming days.

Comments

• andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Nice looking bike, good to see another Forme on here :wink:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • andy46 wrote:
    +1 on that! Love my Forme (although somewhat entry level), she is a real work-horse and used for everything.
    Really like this though. Hope you get plenty of km's in over the winter :D
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    andy46 wrote:
    Badger13 wrote:
    andy46 wrote:
    +1 on that! Love my Forme (although somewhat entry level), she is a real work-horse and used for everything.
    Really like this though. Hope you get plenty of km's in over the winter :D

Thanks for the comments guys.

I agree with the opinion that Forme bikes are underrated. So much so that I was sorely tempted by a Forme Plateau frame that is on offer in the classifieds for £160

viewtopic.php?f=40091&t=12944720&p=18587236&hilit=Forme#p18587236

- would make another great all rounder and would probably build up for between £500 and £600 with some judicious component purchasing.

I chose the Lonccliffe frame initially because it had an almost identical geometry to my Trek Madone but also, more importantly, it had eyelets fore and aft to allow full guards to be fitted.

Have ridden several sportives on it over the spring/summer months including the Etape Caledonia and am looking forward to putting in a fair few miles over the winter.