Wheel Decals

Gunnsie
Gunnsie Posts: 171
edited October 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

I'm after a set of Shimano RS10 decals with the 10 in GREEN.

Does anyone know where I could purchase such a thing???

Thanks!!

Chris

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Gunnsie
    jordan_217 wrote:

Wow... that was quick, I've been searching for a while now.

Thanks Jordan!! :D

Chris
  • Gunnsie
    Do you know if that is for one decal, or for the full set?
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Gunnsie wrote:
    Do you know if that is for one decal, or for the full set?

I'm not sure, sorry. I'd contact the store directly, they should be able to advise further.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Gunnsie
    Damn it!! Contacted them and they have been very helpful and quick to respond, but they have informed me this morning that there supplier no longer stocks the RS10 decals.

Oh well... back to the drawing board!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    Just get some custom made - I had some big Felt ones made up for my wheels, and they cost around £20 IIRC for 8 of them, and they were big.

The chap was off of here, and his e-mail addy is: gerry@gerrywheeler.com
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Am I being nasty if I say that spending money on decals for a set of budget wheels (that come at £89.99 at Merlin cycles) is really really really not worth it?
    left the forum March 2023
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    Am I being nasty if I say that spending money on decals for a set of budget wheels (that come at £89.99 at Merlin cycles) is really really really not worth it?

Not nasty per se, and you could have a point, but I guess at the end of the day it's his cash, and if he wants green decals for the finishing touch to his bike, and it makes him happy then so be it :-)

Gunnsie - if you want me to post some pics of the decals on my wheels just let me know.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Gunnsie
    Daniel B wrote:
    Am I being nasty if I say that spending money on decals for a set of budget wheels (that come at £89.99 at Merlin cycles) is really really really not worth it?

Not nasty per se, and you could have a point, but I guess at the end of the day it's his cash, and if he wants green decals for the finishing touch to his bike, and it makes him happy then so be it :-)

Gunnsie - if you want me to post some pics of the decals on my wheels just let me know.

Until I am in the financial position to upgrade my wheels, or even bike, I am just trying to customise the bike and wheels I already have to my liking. Unless someone has a better set of wheels up for grabs for nothing, or very very cheap?? :wink: