Ag2R

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited October 2013 in Pro race
Superb season I think - 2nd team overall at the Tour but as Lavenu has just said - comme on dit au foot, nous avons du mal à mettre la balle au fond - as they say in football we have a hard time finding the net (?)

Lots of seconds and thirds but not many wins. What/who do they need

Comments

• Classics-wise, they're bringing onboard Turgot and Gaudin from Europcar. Are either future Flanders or P-R winners? Not so sure.

Riblon - can he carry the new self-belief through to next year?

Betancur - like Sky with Henao, they have to figure out with him how to prevent a repeat of a season of such contrasting halves

Can they help Bardet fulfill his promise?

Pozzovivo - often there or thereabouts. Surprised he hasnt managed a win at all (I'm saying nothing about that Vuelta TT)
  • Peraud had a reasonable season although seems to get below the radar and would have got a top 10 in the Tour without that crash in the tt

2nd Overall Tour Méditerranéen
    1st Stage 4
    3rd Overall Paris–Nice
    5th Overall Critérium International
    6th Overall Tour de Romandie
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Peraud had a reasonable season although seems to get below the radar and would have got a top 10 in the Tour without that crash in the tt

More unsung heroics. Cracked collar-bone doing a reccy. Raced anyway. Came down 2km from home. On the same shoulder. Hero.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Macaloon wrote:
    Peraud had a reasonable season although seems to get below the radar and would have got a top 10 in the Tour without that crash in the tt

More unsung heroics. Cracked collar-bone doing a reccy. Raced anyway. Came down 2km from home. On the same shoulder. Hero.

In front of his family too :shock:
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    Macaloon wrote:

And if you saw the footage of him stacking it in the TT, he wasn't holding back downhill on that stage. Madman.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Attacking, attractive team, but maybe a little too attacking to get many 1sts. At times it seems they need to pick a leader and ride for them, not have 4 very good riders all riding for themselves and getting top 10s.

Lots of interesting riders. From what we saw this year, I think Vuillermoz looks a potentially good signing. I keep waiting for Bouet to make a BIG step, but hasn't quite happened yet.
  • Macaloon wrote:

In front of his family too :shock:

Its the fault of the Aussies, he slid on a nice road painting done in support of the Orica GreenEDGE guys. Its all their fault. 8)
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Its the fault of the Aussies, he slid on a nice road painting done in support of the Orica GreenEDGE guys. Its all their fault. 8)

Waterpaintinggate
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Who was the rider that crashed in their home town on the Tour... I want to say Bouet but I think thats wrong.
  • Who was the rider that crashed in their home town on the Tour... I want to say Bouet but I think thats wrong.

It was Bouet, wasnt it - stage finishing in Marseille
  • He might have been a factor in the Tour, so it could have been even better for them.