Specialized S-Works Venge Di2 2014

richardyoung
richardyoung Posts: 7
edited November 2013 in Your road bikes
Hi, had my new bike built a few weeks ago and loving it still. Just though id share as its a little different with the colour scheme. Was a bit of a chore getting the di2 on this frame but got there in the end and so glad i did, so very smooth and battery is in the seat tube, 2014 seat post came with a grommit for the internal bat in the aero tube. What a world we live in when you can plug you bike in to your pc and update its firmware haha. May have gone a little OTT in the shop when buying it especially since its now sat in my trainer ;) and im about 2 million pounds poorer but hopefully going to get a lot of use next season and i wont get half way through next year and regret something.

IMG_1918_small.jpg

IMG_1915_small.jpg

IMG_1994_small.jpg

Specs wise its all dura-ace di2 / S-Works parts, 11 speed. The seat is white only becuase they didnt have a black in my size during the BGfit so its on order. Pretty much trashed my budget 10 times over so didnt opt for super expensive wheels / couldnt, i told my self winter was coming anyway so i didnt feel too bad about the wheels. i will wait till my bank account has recovered then make a decision on a new set of wheels depending on what races im doing next year and get something to suit, maybe some Zipp 303 or 404s but with orange zipp graphics / logos.. :lol: :oops:

Appologies for the reflectors haha they have gone now :)

Comments

• Where do you live...? Can I come and touch it, stroke it and generally fondle it...?

It is beautiful.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Niiiice, even nicer with a black saddle.
  • Where do you live...? Can I come and touch it, stroke it and generally fondle it...?

It is beautiful.

haha cheers, lincolnshire so bit of a trek for you just to casually rub agasint it for 20 - 25min mins :P its actually in my living room.. im debating on with or not to move the tv to one side and sit it in its place.
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    That is LOVELY.

Any particular reason that you add a reflector and a bell when not on the trainer?
  • Boxsters
    Boxsters Posts: 325
    Get yourself a turbo trainer tyre or you will be scraping rubber off the nice cream wall oh and lovely bike !
  • Drooling
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    E17Blade wrote:
    That is LOVELY.

Any particular reason that you add a reflector and a bell when not on the trainer?

I believe it's something to do with bike shops not being allowed to let new bikes leave the premises without reflectors and a bell fitted, even though they know the buyer will remove them at the first possible opportunity... Can anyone confirm that?
  • Yup thats right, gotta leave the showroom with reflectors and bell hehe once your out the door though you can fit what you like.

I took the photo with normal tyre but yeah i switch it out to a blue tacx trainer tyre when im on the trainer.

If anyones even remotely thinking about the di2 i cant recommend it enough though i suggest waiting till the new ultegra comes out in jan as its cross compatible with the my current dura-ace and future di2. First thing i did was change the left shifter in the software which you can do with the battery charger that comes with the set, you dont need any special equipment, so that the small buttons are down! God for bid i even think about upgrading this thing but technically in future i simply plug a new say front derailur on and run the software update and maybe the recalibrate button under the stem.
  • Love that.

nice to see a bit of colour on the frame.

it looks quite a big frame?
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • Yup fraid so its a 58 and im about 6, 1 ish
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Looks great - loving the hidden battery
  • Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Looks lush in that colour, love the Tri sticker in the window!
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • Sodafarl
    Sodafarl Posts: 118
    nweststeyn wrote:
    E17Blade wrote:
    That is LOVELY.

I believe it's something to do with bike shops not being allowed to let new bikes leave the premises without reflectors and a bell fitted, even though they know the buyer will remove them at the first possible opportunity... Can anyone confirm that?
    Obviously Chain Reaction don't know this.
    Lovely bike, I would have to leave home if I ever mentioned getting anything like this. :D
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    That is quite something! Enjoy!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Crying out for a black saddle but absolutely stunning.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Even a 58 would be too small for me, and the largest Venge frames 'look' HUGE... It's a shame because I'd absolutely love a Venge but I don't know if I could live with the look of it. This one is beautiful though, but just on the limit of looking super large!
  • ledeev
    ledeev Posts: 208
    I agree, these look so much better with deeeeeep section wheels on!
  • Appologies for the reflectors haha they have gone now :)

Can I have them for my Allez...?

That way I can tell people it's got some Venge bit on it. I'll be the coolest cat at the next meet. 8)
  • nweststeyn wrote:
    Even a 58 would be too small for me, and the largest Venge frames 'look' HUGE... It's a shame because I'd absolutely love a Venge but I don't know if I could live with the look of it. This one is beautiful though, but just on the limit of looking super large!

yeah it just looks it, if you take the wheels off its the lightest thing ever, its light enough as is that when i add a saddle bag with bits and bobs you can notice it.

Yeah i will wait till next year for the new rims, i waited ages for the 2014 frames but alot of stuff like 2014 zipp wheels arnt out yet and wont be for a while.. bit of a bad time to buy unless your looking for 2013 bargains.

colin, even the reflectors are aero! nah i kid hehe standard jobbies :P
  • Build

IMG_1882_small.jpg

IMG_1883_small.jpg

IMG_1884_small.jpg

BGfit ( Black saddle!) haha should have kept the smaller saddle.. damn my fat sit bones..

IMG_1903_small.jpg

IMG_1907_small.jpg

IMG_1910_small.jpg

IMG_1911_small.jpg

Upgrading the di2 when i got home.

IMG_2029_small.jpg

IMG_2031_small.jpg

IMG_2032_small.jpg
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    .......WOW......That's nice.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Add some Enve 6.7's and perfection is yours.
  • Buy some of these.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/WPS ... r_wheelset

What's the score with the computer screens?

• IMG_1918_small.jpg

Nice, but watch out, the police will nick you if you drive round with number plates like that…..

As others have said, these needs at LEAST 40mm rims to look cool.

This is a great time of year to buy stuff cheap; it just so happens I have a pair of Mavic Ultimates for sale……!
  • This has to be one of the nicest bikes posted, but I agree it needs some deep section wheels, well done sir!
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Gunnsie
    Gunnsie Posts: 171
    WOW... that is one awesome looking bike!! Not normally a fan of Specialized, but that very nice!!
  • Is the seat post a Specialized part or an aftermarket jobby? Just wondered as I'd be interested in internalising my Di2 battery on my Venge.
  • Very nice, it's reminding me of how now much I liked Chavanels' birthday sl4.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    andytee87 wrote:
    Very nice, it's reminding me of how now much I liked Chavanels' birthday sl4.

:D
  • weapons
    weapons Posts: 367
    Is that a kindle on your stem to keep you entertained whilst turboing? :)