Fox Vanilla RC

Pejsan
Pejsan Posts: 7
edited November 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Currently have a Fox Vanilla RC Shock fitted but have somehow lost the red rebound adjustment screw.Anyone know of anywhere I can get a replacement from and if it can be fitted DIY or whether I need to find somewhere that will do it

Based in Hull, UK if it there is anywhere close

Thanks

Pete

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    A Fox dealer, or Mojo.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Rockshox is just a glorified 5mm allen key , not sure if fox is the same .
  • cooldad
    Depends if by shock he means fork.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Pejsan
    It's the rear shock rang mojo they can fix for the cost of a service £110 plus postage just to replace a small screw :(
  • If you are any where near Chanterlands Ave, Ken Ellerkers may be able to help you track one down.
    You may be too old to rock but never too old to roll.
  • cooldad
    Simon at Loco is pretty helpful, wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have one lying around. If not his servicing prices are lower than Mojo, and he's good.
    http://locotuning.co.uk/contact.html
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Pejsan
    all local shops tried re a replacement screw and all stated that would need to send it to mojo for a service at £110
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Bike shops never want to touch shocks or forks, as most don't have the correct tools or specially trained staff... so that's pretty much the standard response you'd get everywhere.

The reason it needs to go to an expert is because the shock needs to be disassembled to replace the screw, and since it's a nitrogen charged shock, it's not really something most could do at home.

A full service is totally worth it mind you. I got the Van RC on my SX Trail TFTuned and what a difference it made... I didn't realise it was working so bad until I tried it after the service. Honestly like night and day. I'd say it felt better than when it was new.

If you don't like TF or Mojo prices, give Loco a try, or even this guy who has done an excellent job on a few sets of forks for me: https://www.facebook.com/JMacleanTuning?fref=ts
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8