voodoo bazingo

steve7199
steve7199 Posts: 3
edited October 2013 in MTB buying advice
hi guys,would you recommend a voodoo bazingo,i have done a little bit research at it sounds really good as a first bike that you could use to upgrade at a later date,i only have £650 to spend so i am looking to get the best i can for this price,any info would be good cheers steve :)

Comments

• Hi...I have one and love it.

I used my british cycling voucher for 10% off as well so got it down to £540....but i then used that cash to get the lbs to check it out for me (well it was a lot less than £60). Money well spent as they corrected a couple of things for me that Halfords hadnt done.

I would say that this is my first mtb but as a starter I have found it great - obviously i cant compare to a 26er for xample, but for me its been a perfect buy.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
  • I love mine but havent any experience on anything else
  • Is this bike still available? I thought this bike was now discontinued and no longer available from places like Halfords?
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Is this bike still available?

Don't think it is currently (unless there's a few left in Halfords branches - it's not on their website).
  • Theirs a few left in certain stores and I reserved one but wanted to make sure they are good bikes
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    pay an extra £100 and get the boardman comp 29er better fork and spec
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    tarbot18 wrote:
    pay an extra £100 and get the boardman comp 29er better fork and spec

Fork is better and it's way lighter, not sure about the rest of the spec, I would much prefer budget shimano than budget sram. When I looked in august they were struggling to get one in so there may be even less availability now and for 2014 it looks like team & pro only.

As far as the bizango, goes, as a budget bike it's pretty spot on, the raidon air fork is decent and 120mm, the parts are all low end shimano, so they are light and work well. The frame has a good geometry, you can also convert it to SS really easily and it has rack and mudguard mounts. The bar and stem combo is also nice enough.

Downside is the weight, which depending on where you look varies between 13.6 & 14kg. I use mine as a training/commuting bike so it's probably done around 700 miles from new in august with no problems at all.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500