Omega Points Chaser Porstmouth - course details

FransJacques
FransJacques Posts: 2,148
edited November 2013 in Amateur race
Silly question, but when Iook at google maps I cannot help but think the race is on the oval circuit around the 400m running track. Someone tell me this is not the case

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/event ... rcuits#map

Was thinking of going down but if we're racing on a flat egg-shaped course I'd rather stay home.
When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.

Comments

• Silly question, but when Iook at google maps I cannot help but think the race is on the oval circuit around the 400m running track. Someone tell me this is not the case.
    Was thinking of going down but if we're racing on a flat egg-shaped course I'd rather stay home.

That is exactly what Mountbatten is, so guess you will be staying at home.

Alternatively, you could come down and smash it up on a very fast, narrow and - depending on the riders present - somewhat squeeky bum circuit of a third of a mile in length. :shock: You never know - you might just enjoy it!
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    You are sheeting me no? That would make for some fun break aways. Like when I went to the Ghent 6 day and Iljo Keisse lapped the field in the points race.

Have breaks ever caught the back of the field? Can I bring my track bike? :)
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.

• Have breaks ever caught the back of the field?

Yes - plenty of times.

Nearly always happens in the E123 races as there will be some super strong guys there that can get away and lap the field - sometimes 2 or 3 times.
    Doesn't happen too often in the 3rd Cat races as these tend to be a bit negative, with very evenly matched riders.
    I don't think it has ever happened in a 4th Cat race, but am very happy to be corrected here. :)

Can I bring my track bike? :)
    Track bikes are not allowed in the 'road race' events, but there are occasional track events held there - Easter weekend is always popular.
  • So did you go race then FJ?

I was there helping with judging. Only 7 in the 4th Cat race with 10 in the 3rds. It stayed dry for these races but it absolutely chucked it down in the E123 race which had about 15 riders in the field. 4 guys lapped the field twice with a few others taking a lap too - race had to be shortened a bit as the track started to flood! :shock:
  • Silly question, but when Iook at google maps I cannot help but think the race is on the oval circuit around the 400m running track. Someone tell me this is not the case

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/event ... rcuits#map

It's 1/3 of a mile a lap. Just remember to keep turning left! :lol: