Absolute assholes!

FECES
FECES Posts: 25
edited October 2013 in MTB general
A lot of off road routes from mountain roads to canal side paths have barriers or gates which I need to lift my MTB over. This is a pain in the ass. Why do authorities put up barriers everywhere? They hinder cyclists and they do everyones heads in.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Diddums.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I feel your rage.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    edited October 2013
    They also hinder other vehicles which suggest you are on fire roads or other yawn type routes. Man up and go off road, or man up and lift your bike.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's a disgrace. Contact the Daily Mail.
  • To prevent motorbikes getting up there... usually.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Get stronger.
    Get bike lighter.
    Man up.
    Ride elsewhere.

Some combination of the above will help.
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    FECES wrote:
    A lot of off road routes from mountain roads to canal side paths have barriers or gates which I need to lift my MTB over. This is a pain in the ass. Why do authorities put up barriers everywhere? They hinder cyclists and they do everyones heads in.

They don't do my head in so you count me out of "everyone"
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    FECES wrote:
    Why do authorities put up barriers everywhere?

To stop inbred chavscum on stolen motocross bikes.
  • FECES wrote:

To stop inbred chavscum on stolen motocross bikes.

hahahahaha!
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Jesus if that is your biggest problem you have obviously never zipped your for skin in you flies?

Chill Winston!
  • paulc
    paulc Posts: 161
    Be glad you only got your bike.

My missus is 4'11 had to lift single pram over one couldn't help but laugh as she screaming holding it over her head.

Another time some while ago we were out with the double pram (1in front of the other) and they had put a new one up, had to get help from passers by to lift it over.
  • FECES wrote:

They put them there deliberately piss you off sir
    cosna kick a bo agen a wo and ed it back till it bos-UP HANLEY ME DUCK

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
    Current Bike-TREK 4500
    Previous Bikes
    :Giant Roam 3
    :Bianchi Nirone 7
  • Dannyboy95 wrote:
    FECES wrote:

They put them there deliberately wee-wee you off sir

wee-wee i meant pish you off
    cosna kick a bo agen a wo and ed it back till it bos-UP HANLEY ME DUCK

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
    Current Bike-TREK 4500
    Previous Bikes
    :Giant Roam 3
    :Bianchi Nirone 7
  • A lot of buildings have doors and / or windows.
    A lot of roads have junctions; some of them even have traffic lights.
    A lot of food has wrapping, drinks are inside containers.
    It's all just too much...
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    tootsie323 wrote:
    A lot of buildings have doors and / or windows.
    A lot of roads have junctions; some of them even have traffic lights.
    A lot of food has wrapping, drinks are inside containers.
    It's all just too much...

Sometimes I rebel by tearing food packaging open with my teeth. Makes me feel all manly.

In answer to the OP, sounds like you need to write a stern letter to somebody.
  • croptonboy
    croptonboy Posts: 164
    edited October 2013
    FECES wrote:

To stop you townies from spoiling my turnip patch. Now gerrof moi laaand!

367805d1358509879-irrational-not-so-irrational-annoyance-thread-part-seven-farmerpalmer.jpg
  • smegg40
    smegg40 Posts: 75
    If it is a gate with a lock on it ?,you are not meant to be there !,have you tried pushing gate to open it ?,if it is a barrier it's to stop knobbers on stolen motorbikes/mopeds spoiling your ride on the canal path :)
  • Russyh wrote:
    Jesus if that is your biggest problem you have obviously never zipped your for skin in you flies?

Chill Winston!
    The actual getting it caught in the zip didn't hurt, but getting it out feckin murdered. Something you only do once! :oops:
  • Watch almost any Danny MacAskill video to see how 'tis done...
  • Sometimes... ... I just can't open the fridge. I stand there getting angry willing the door to open, but it never does. Sooner or later someone comes along and opens it for me, but then the food is not there and the door to the house is shut. So I order online, but the delivery guy can't get in so I wave to him through the glass and he waves back so I point at the door till he gets the message, but he just asks me to sign and the door is now open. Time passes and the wind closes it. How I could not tell you. Relieved I go back to the fridge clutching my packages, but the fridge is shut and the packages are closed. I cry on my knees for "why cruel world, why have we doors and packages. It's just too much." Sooner or later someone finds me. Was it days or hours that I sat here. Confused. Frightened? But now the packages are open, yet some are in the fridge behind that mysterious door. How people operate it is a mystery. Using special hand movements that I shall never be able to learn. Like ninjas they enter that mysterious box and pull out beer and food and the beer and food mysteriously comes out of its packaging. Yet... I... I am wrapped up... wrapped up in clothing! Why lord have you forsaken me, wrapping me up in clothing! I am packaged and I cannot unwrap myself. Who dared wrap me up. Who?? And now I am wrapped up in clothing, like food in packaging inside my own personal fridge, which although warmer contains a door that... ...I can never... use. Yet I am one package in one box. Some day I will tell my story of my heroic struggle and how I learnt to operate doors. Yes... you think it's so simple. You have the ninja door opening powers. Well I don't. Laugh. You need people like me. People who can't operate doors and get through packaging. Who do we laugh at? Well have you seen the people who can't operate barriers. They have the ninja door power, but no the kung fu barrier power. Yes... I have that... behold my glory. Look, see that pay and display meter over there? Yes. I can operate that too... but... only on Wednesdays after 7pm. One day I will have the power to use a car and have a reason to operate the pay and display meter. For now... I keep them as trophies. Some day...