My new canyon ultimate slx

Allza
Allza Posts: 31
edited October 2013 in Your road bikes
Got my new Canyon slx and am very impressed with it. Stock part from yoeloeo carbon clinchers. Weighs 6.4kg and already set a few hill climb pbs with it.

image_zps4cf84c70.jpg

Also here is my winter training focus Cayo. Has been my only steed until the canyon. Still really like riding it. Has a quarq riken power meter and rs80 wheels.

image_zpsf7a73f8d.jpg

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Nice Canyon, looks well spec'd by the looks of it
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Nice bike, what frame size is it please? (I want to order but stuck between small/medium)
    By the way I also have a focus ( izalco pro in medium flavour)
  • Allza
    The canyon is a 58 and seem perfect to me.im 6ft1 with a 89cm inside leg if that helps. The top tube length seems about the same as my 56 Cayo.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Nice pair of bikes.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Allza wrote:
    The canyon is a 58 and seem perfect to me.im 6ft1 with a 89cm inside leg if that helps. The top tube length seems about the same as my 56 Cayo.

I've ordered one of the 2013 Ultimate AL frames from their Outlet. I did the whole Canyon measuring thing and when I did the inside leg measurement (ably assisted by Mrs Peril) it cam out at 98cm. when put that into the calculator it spat it out and said measure again an average for your height 6'5" should be 93cm. Luckily it being German it stopped short of calling me a f*cking freak!

Anyways a 3XL should be arriving at Fortress Peril on the IOM tomorrow. Methinks Ultegra groupset with Zipp service course finishing kit (the frame is anodised black by the way) should look good with the Ksyrium elites I've got.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    --cool
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Nicebike op, love canyons!
  • Allza wrote:
    Got my new Canyon slx and am very impressed with it. Stock part from yoeloeo carbon clinchers. Weighs 6.4kg and already set a few hill climb pbs with it.

image_zps4cf84c70.jpg

Also here is my winter training focus Cayo. Has been my only steed until the canyon. Still really like riding it. Has a quarq riken power meter and rs80 wheels.

image_zpsf7a73f8d.jpg

That Canyon is very-very-very nice....... enjoy it before you put it into hibernation for the winter!
  • Allza
    Thanks guys. Loving the new canyon but only been able to ride it once as it hasn't stopped pissing down since I've bought it!
  • Allza wrote:
    Thanks guys. Loving the new canyon but only been able to ride it once as it hasn't stopped pissing down since I've bought it!
    Big difference to the focus?
  • Allza
    It is quite a difference from the focus. It's a lot smoother of rough roads and accelerates quicker as it's about 2kg lighter. Gears and brakes are also awesome. Some of the benefit might be from the carbon wheels though. Very pleased with it. Gave me a 15 second improvement on my local 5 min hill climb but hard to say if that's down to the bike alone!
  • Allza wrote:
    It is quite a difference from the focus. It's a lot smoother of rough roads and accelerates quicker as it's about 2kg lighter. Gears and brakes are also awesome. Some of the benefit might be from the carbon wheels though. Very pleased with it. Gave me a 15 second improvement on my local 5 min hill climb but hard to say if that's down to the bike alone!
    Cheers, thanks for the up date. 99% sure I have to buy a canyon
  • Awesome looking bike, great looks with the wheels. Enjoy!
  • Allza wrote:

Yeah, don't ride your bike in the rain whatever you do! :wink:
  • awsm
    awsm Posts: 210
    Looks cracking, enjoy it!
  • Allza
    Thanks, really loving it so far. I could use it it the rain but that would means having to clean it. And the focus has mudguards which I can't bring myself to put on the canyon!