Best team 2013

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited October 2013 in Pro race
FdJ obviously - but I like the way Movistar have bossed the peloton on numerous occasions and Quick Step started working as a team for a bit

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Movistar are no.1 on the rankings and I think that's a fair reflection.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • I'll put in a word for Argos-Shimano too. From point of view of team cohesion and producing the goods, they've been pretty impressive
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Argos Shimano have punched above their weight for sure.
  • I'll put in a word for Argos-Shimano too. From point of view of team cohesion and producing the goods, they've been pretty impressive

true but a bit one trick?

true but a bit one trick?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Always a Movistar rider in focus whenever I've turned on the tv for a race.
  • Ed-tron
    Ed-tron Posts: 165
    ThomThom wrote:
    Always a Movistar rider in focus whenever I've turned on the tv for a race.

Yea, they always seemed to have someone animating or winning a race, its hard to keep track! - Giovanni Visconti, Beñat Intxausti, Rui Costa, Nairo Quintana... Valverde

Edit: and how could I forget Ángel "McLovin" Madrazo!
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Wasn't one of the catalysts for the Tour echelons carnage, Belkin's desire to punish Movistar for exploiting a Belkin mechanical, thus thinning the peloton enabling the final split? Even if b0llocks, Movistar take it.

Honourable mention for FDJ putting Pinot back together so soon after the Tour descent nightmare.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • How about RadioShack? Cancellara in the spring, Bakelants at the TdF and the Vuelta with Horner.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Belkin surprised me a lot
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Movistar.

Though Katusha deserve a mention.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Belkin surprised me a lot

I think to be fair they should get a mention due to their comeback from Rabo and the determination of Mollema and Ten Dame -
  • team award should reflect more than the sum of the parts ie team work , support etc

Even the other day Martin launched a 4 k effort in Bejing and quick step covered a right turn and took the sting out the chase - that's team - rather than Martins performance itself
  • team award should reflect more than the sum of the parts ie team work , support etc

Even the other day Martin launched a 4 k effort in Bejing and quick step covered a right turn and took the sting out the chase - that's team - rather than Martins performance itself

But Mezgec won? I get what you mean, but you gonna win, right? Maybe there is a better example.

But Mezgec won? I get what you mean, but you gonna win, right? Maybe there is a better example.

ha ha yeah probably :lol:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    continuing my run of being non commital in the best threads I'm giving joint honours to Sky and Movistar
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    Movistar for me as they seem to have had numerous riders being involved in attacks & winning races and just relying on 1 or 2
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Perhaps a shout for Europcar. Their high profile in breaks etc during the Tour must have kept their sponsor very happy.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Perhaps a shout for Europcar. Their high profile in breaks etc during the Tour must have kept their sponsor very happy.

I'd say by recent standards Europcar had a poor Tour.

Sky, Movistar and Argos Shimano for me.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Movistar have been epic this year, they have made many a dull race more entertaining.
  • Astana have been pretty go this year too
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    For punching above their weight, can I nominate Qhubeka?
    Started the season with a savage monument, remained visible in every WT race they were invited to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    For the support to Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas. Movistar.
  • For punching above their weight, can I nominate Qhubeka?
    Started the season with a savage monument, remained visible in every WT race they were invited to.

^^This^^

I don't get the Movistar love, like an episode of QI they should get -1,000 and klaxons blaring for their performance on the Echelons day at the Tour.

Radioshack underrated also.

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • For punching above their weight, can I nominate Qhubeka?

Can I through Net-App Endura in there too then?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I don't get the Movistar love, like an episode of QI they should get -1,000 and klaxons blaring for their performance on the Echelons day at the Tour.

But they started it. Admittedly compromising Costa and abandoning Quintana in the process.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    To be fair, I've had a thought, Movistar were essentially Sky/Froome's domestiques during the tour, the worked hard, got some stage wins and a jersey, but never really threatened at the top.

The stage where Froome was on his own and Movistar had half a team they did nothing to shead him and he finished ST as everyone else.
    +1
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Lampre anyone?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I'll put in a word for Argos-Shimano too. From point of view of team cohesion and producing the goods, they've been pretty impressive
    +1

You know you can get a voucher for £5 at Argos

Its not that Argos - is it. I know that.