Glentress & Innerleithen

Rambo_123
Rambo_123 Posts: 183
edited October 2013 in Routes
I'm heading down to Glentress soon and was curious on peoples opinions of the trails and which ones are a must to ride. I am also going to Innerleithen to do the red route but I wouldn't mind taking in a downhill route too but I ride a Voodoo Bantu hardtail with 120mm forks.

so what I'm asking is...

what are the best trails?
Will my bike handle the downhill runs?

Comments

• Not sure of the dh runs at Innerleithen but the red is a nice ride, it's straight up then back down but the descent is good, in fact some of the dh runs take in the lower sections of the trail. As for glentress, got to be black, it's pretty strenuous but rewarding, but all the trails are good, the blue has some really nice flowy elements to it.
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    Your bike will be ok, I did red at Glentress and would definitely recommend it, Spooky Wood descent is awesome. You can do red at Innerleithen and take in one of the dh runs, it cuts out a bit of the red but not one of the better parts.
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160
    Seems like a good place to spam my videos.

Glentress
    Glentress Freeride Area
    Innerleithen XC
    Innerleithen Downhills

Glentress is do-able on most bikes. There's nothing that a cheapy bike can't do except provide less comfort. Keep your speed to a decent level and you'll be fine, and make sure your bike has everything tightened up on it.

Innerleithen xc I would not recommend on a cheaper bike. It is do-able, but you will suffer. It's a far more advanced trail than anything at Glentress, rough as hell in places, and in others you're more suited on a downhill rig.

That said, give it a shot. I started out at Inners on a Carrera Kraken and loved it.
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.