C59 in colour scheme LOUD

2»

Comments

• Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    It's a Deda Superleggera/Superleggero combo.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    What do you think of the bars?mine came last week and was a bit disappointed they look a bit plastic.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • Mccaria
    I know what you mean they are a bit plastic looking and the finish is a bit industrial. Once you tape the bars the middle bit which remains exposed looks fine. To date have had no problems with the bars, the shape works well for me and the single wide channel works really well with the cable routing for 9000 with both gear and brake cables coming out to the inside of the bars.
  • ledeev
    ledeev Posts: 208
    Nice build. Any reason why you chose mechanical over electronic shifting? Also, which chain set is that?
  • Mccaria
    Ledeev,

I really like both the 9000 mechanical and the 9070 electric groupset, but I feel more comfortable wrenching the mechanical groupset. I actually don't think you give up much from mechanical to electric on the 9000 series.

The chainset is a SRM 9000 powermeter, SRM use the cranks from the 7800 Dura Ace series and have done for both the 7900 and the 9000 SRM chainsets.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Mccaria wrote:
    Velonutter

That's brilliant, slightly surreal for a Sunday morning, but made me chuckle.

Why don't you have shimano tattooed on your other thigh ? Then it would be the thigh equivalent of the old "love" and "hate" knuckles !

I was having my boxers paws tattoed on my chest and thought I'd have the Campag tat put on at the same time just to wind up a few of the mates who ride shim and shame :mrgreen: 8)

Its on my calf not my thigh :mrgreen:

Why would I want to ride slower with Shim or shame on my calf :roll: :mrgreen:
  • Mccaria
    Bloody hell Velo,

Either that photo is distorting, or you are built like the proverbial brick shxt-house (or a bit of both)

If I honestly thought Campagnolo would make me go any faster there would be an 80th Anniversary Super Record groupset on there before the weekend. Sadly experience has told me that my lack of speed is much more a function of my chronic dislike of training, a very low pain threshold and a love of all things Cadbury.
  • Velonutter
    @Mccaria PMSL, yeah I do have rather large cut calves, one of the problems I had with my R5 and the bottle cage probs, wish they helped me ride my bike faster, but I have to rely on the Campag for that :roll: :mrgreen: 8)
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    Mccaria wrote:

If I honestly thought Campagnolo would make me go any faster there would be an 80th Anniversary Super Record groupset on there before the weekend. Sadly experience has told me that my lack of speed is much more a function of my chronic dislike of training, a very low pain threshold and a love of all things Cadbury.

:lol:
  • Nice frame, the colourway is very nice, not sure about the font but you can't please everyone.

I don't want to nit pick, but if you bought the frame from Mike @ Maestro Cycles you would have got the frame cheaper and a Colnago seatpost in with the price !!
  • Mccaria
    Ian,

The price wasn't particularly different from Mike's pricing. C59 prices have come down notably for the 2014 range. There is now very little difference between the price of a C59 and a Specialized SL4 in the UK.

On the Colnago seatpost - I am not a big fan. It is not particularly light and it can be a bit of a pain to adjust with the little wheel. If you are one of those people who just fixes the saddle and leaves it then the Colnago seatpost works well, but as I am constantly messing about with my set-up I prefer the Zipp which is much easier to adjust.
  • maxlite
    maxlite Posts: 293
    Prefer the original Mapei colourway.....give it a few years and Shimano will be buying out Campag :D
    Cervelo R5
    Cinelli Saetta
    Giant XTC
    Raleigh Classic
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    A tease for you Mccaria, thanks ever so much for your help, will let you know about the boxes if I track some down... I will post a thread on mine real soon.

2zz6gq0.jpg
  • Velonutter
    mfin wrote:
    A tease for you Mccaria, thanks ever so much for your help, will let you know about the boxes if I track some down... I will post a thread on mine real soon.

2zz6gq0.jpg

OK Where did the cable ends come from, I thought mine were cool in Green for the Europcar and Blue for the 150th Anniversary?
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Velonutter wrote:
    OK Where did the cable ends come from, I thought mine were cool in Green for the Europcar and Blue for the 150th Anniversary?

:) not telling :)
  • Mccaria
    Hey Mfin,

Looks like you had fun today ! Looking forward to seeing the full build
  • You want Campy on a C59!? Good, me too. But my wheel preferences are a little different...

C-FiftyNine.jpg

Someone mentioned the C59 with ENVE parts had a certain *shape* to their handlebar plugs....

Just cut them off then like I did on mt other bike...

VENGE_.jpg