Saxobank S-Works Tarmac

chrispee44
chrispee44 Posts: 28
edited October 2013 in Your road bikes
So heres my newly built (from second hand components) S-Works Tarmac in Saxobank colours. The idea was to build a high end bike on mid spec money and I am pleased with the results, due to my long legged nature there is quite a lot of seatpost showing but I like the look. It will be my dry weather only bike, consigning my Orbea aqua to winter duties.

1394214_10153342862075585_1471244319_n.jpg

2013-10-12161932.jpg

2013-10-12161939.jpg

Specs:
58cm S-Work Tarmac Frame
Groupset: Full Sram Red apart from the Brakes (Force) and a pg1070 12-26 cassette
Cockpit: 3T Ergonova Pro bars, 3T Arx 100mm stem, Lizard Skin bar tape
Saddle: Specialized Romin Evo Pro
Seatpost: 3T Dorico Ltd
Wheelset: H Plus Son Archetype Rims on Novatech SL hubs. Continental GP4000S tyres (23mm) from Strada
Pedals: Speedplay Zero Cromoly currently

Weight is approx 7kg on the nose with pedals and 1 bottle cage.

Sorry about the washing :mrgreen:

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Spesh frames just don't look right over 56cm which is why I'd never have one :(
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Nice build Chris, looks spot on
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    tring aling a ding-dong
    nice
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Don't you fall off the front of that saddle all the time?

Also, big ring + big sprocket is a bad idea.

Otherwise looks great!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Thanks all.

I think its just my poor photography skills, saddle is pretty much level, felt fine on the first ride. It wont be run cross chained like that, it was tartyness purposes and to check it wouldnt rub just in case!
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Nice.
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    How do you like the Achetypes? Has the rim edge worn off now? What spoke combination is that 24/28?
    Quite fancy a pair as training wheels next year on 20/28 set up.
  • I have only had one ride on it so far due to work/weather but so far I am very impressed, the ride seems hugely improved and at least some of it must be due to the wider rim giving a bigger footprint to the tyre meaning you can run lower PSI. Yup lacing is 24/28. The rim hasnt worn so far but i expect it will in time. I have flo wheels on my TT bike and they didnt take that long for the black annodised rim to wear off. But that did get used in the wet to and i think the grit etc from the road accelerated the process, which maybe the same if your intending them for winter wheels.
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Spesh frames just don't look right over 56cm which is why I'd never have one :(
    Got to agree with this. the headtubes just look too tall. Having said that I would love to have that frame. Its on my shortlist. Good job I ride 56cm.

I hope you enjoy riding it