Italian Autumn semi-classics *SPOILER*

FJS
FJS Posts: 4,820
edited October 2013 in Pro race
Ulissi has become a bit of a king of the semi-classics. Wins Coppa Sabatini after Milano-Torino earlier.

Giro dell'Emilia on Saturday, GP Beghelli on Sunday, Coppa Placci next week. All with mediocre start lists. Victims of October calender reshuffles?

Comments

• Good enough to get 80 minutes of highlights................which I haven't watched yet.
    A pity I saw the result on CN, earlier. :oops:
    Ulissi seems to win quite a bit, when he isn't saddled with riding for Scarponi.

As to the poor startlists, I noticed last week that Emilia was down to 14 teams and only 2 WT teams from outside Italy.
    A few folks predicted that these races would when Lombardia got pushed forward to accommodate Beijing.
    As warm up races for the final monument of the season, they were guaranteed a half decent turn out.
    As stand alone events, after the final curtain has already gone down, the would likely be quickly killed off.

Having said that, the Bruno B is due to go up to HC, next year. Hopefully the new look UCI will see the folly of it's predecessor and restore these races to their proper calendar slot.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    You get hold of this on cyclingtorrents?

And worth the effort of getting hold of it?
  • You get hold of this on cyclingtorrents?

And worth the effort of getting hold of it?

Nope.
    Got Rai Sport 2, Sporza etc on my tv.
    Last 15 minutes of highlights are here, though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz_e8CVN ... r_embedded

At least Emilia is still getting 2 hours of live tv coverage tomorrow.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    On the back of wins at Milan-Torino and Coppa Sabatini, another one today at the Giro Dell'Emilia for Ulissi.
    1 Diego Ulissi (Ita) Lampre-Merida
    2 Chris Anker Sorensen (Den) Saxo-Tinkoff
    3 David Villella (Ita) Cannondale
    4 Franco Pellizotti (Ita) Androni-Venezuela
    5 Francesco Manuel Bongiorno (Ita) Bardiani Valvole-CSF Inox

Hope he can improve his descending skills then he'll be a challenger for even more titles. Sounds like he wants to target 1 dayers rather than stage races for 2014. David Villella looks set to be a superstar for 2014 too.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Giro dell'Emilia - last few kms:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh80LESNxYo#t=473
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Chris is so f'ucking badass
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,070
    Ulissi is looking very impressive. It'll be interesting to see how Rui Costa's arrival at Lampre-Merida affects him.