Shimano Tiagra CN-4601
    CITEC 3000 Aero Radon
    Schwalbe Ultremo ZX Streifen Falt
    from 7,8kg
    black/blue/lime

sage7_22620.jpg
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Have a look at the review by BR on the Citec wheels, the other one has Mavic Aksiums I believe which are a good wheel if a little on the heavy side, there is also a review on here about these.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... et11-44985
    Here is the link for the Citec, just check to make sure they are the right ones.
    These seem very expensive wheels to be on a bike at that price, I have a feeling they may not be the right ones, sorry.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    The German 'Tour' magazine loves Citec wheels. Could be national bias, but they measure up quite light and stiff. They are old skule narrow, not the new wider type.

Only issue is they have even fewer spokes than Shimano wheels. Fine if you're 80kgs or under but I'd be nervous about touring on them for example.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • I have some Citec 3000 Aero on my Pinarello Rokh, no probs so far and i'm the wrong side of 100kgs right now.

Had a Radon R1 4, bike was fine but I had an accident and snapped the forks, because they are OEM frames and forks which they buy as a package they couldn't offer me a replacement fork.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Thanks they seem like realy good wheels from that review.

I am around 75kg so should be ok in theory, but i have had a broken spoke twice this year on two different rear mavic open pro wheels. (36 spoke)

Road surface here in North Wales is getting really bad now, potholes everywhere & the new surfacing method of sprinking chipping on top of the tarmac creates a rough surface/constant road buzz.