pesky_jones
pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
edited October 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Our services are required.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24396352

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    This morning, I walked to the kitchen and the train station 500 metres away. What more do they want?
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • pesky_jones
    I bet they hardly walk themselves. Hypacritical walkers.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    It's true, if they walked with me when I told them to I'd let more of them live
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • This morning, I walked to the kitchen and the train station 500 metres away. What more do they want?
    Good God! Your right arm must be knackered!

quagmire-strong-arm.jpg
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    It amazes me the number of people who drive to our local shop, which is a lovely 5 minute walk away. It's quicker to walk too!
    Insert bike here:
  • pesky_jones
    And if walking hurts your feet, you're doing it wrong. Unless your're into that.
  • Gazlar
    Get a Merthyr girl to walk for you as a treat, it's like walking in a loose fitting tan leather brogue
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    "Inactivity is a nationwide epidemic that must be tackled now before it is too late."
    They have been saying this for 20 years. When exactly does it become too late? :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • "Inactivity is a nationwide epidemic that must be tackled now before it is too late."

I'll sort it.

As soon as I finish this pie.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    "Inactivity is a nationwide epidemic that must be tackled now before it is too late."

I'll sort it.

As soon as I finish this pie.

Hmmm Pie... *drools*
  • By the sounds of it, I'm going to live a long and healthy life. Walking is good for you and it looks like it doesn't make you blind either, I must start doing it a bit more.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Gazlar
    By the sounds of it, I'm going to live a long and healthy life. Walking is good for you and it looks like it doesn't make you blind either, I must start doing it a bit more.

Its an illusion, I wear contact lenses
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,412
    If you exercise a lot and don't eat foods containing cholesterol, your heart will have nothing to do and it will get weak and stop working.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • If you exercise a lot and don't eat foods containing cholesterol, your heart will have nothing to do and it will get weak and stop working.

Does walking really count as exercise though. I suppose if you have more than 1 walk a day it might add up. My walks are normally always 5 minutes or less, so I think I'd have to walk several times a day to really see any benefit from it.

I may have to invest in some stronger contact lenses by the sounds of it though. It's really important to be able to see when your walking, I wouldn't want to walk into anything I shouldn't.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    You probably won't believe this, or you might, depends on how lazy you think some people can be.

2 doors down from me there's a family, mother, father and youngest son who's 24 I think and lives at home. They all work in the family business, a little factory 0.2 miles down the road (according to google).

They all drive, separately. The 2 parents have big 4x4 things and he has a punto with shitty stripes on it, they make the journey a few times a day. It's literally a 2 minute walk downhill there, maybe 3 on the way back if you're going slow. Seriously, they never walk. Just doesn't happen. Unbelievable...

Then there's my next door neighbour, who lives between us, he works for the aforementioned family too, and he drives, never, ever, ever walks, he's late 50s/early 60s, living at home with is mother who's very old and has a really cool cat, she still walks a 3-4 mile round trip into town each day with her little shopping trolley, she even refuses lifts if they're offered.

Un-fucking-believable.
  • The family that walks together.........

well, I forget how that goes actually. But I'm pretty sure it ends in a hidden basement in Austria.

Good to see the old lady still doing plenty of walking. Well, I say "see", but I can imagine. In fact, on that note, I might go for a quick walk myself.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Angry Bird wrote:
    he drives, never, ever, ever walks, he's late 50s/early 60s, living at home with is mother who's very old and has a really cool cat

Have you ever seen the 2 of them together?

psycho_1.jpg
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer