London drinks

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 72,575
edited September 2018 in Pro race
As requested.

Slowly becoming an annual tradition.

Few of us meet up in central London, have a drink and chat pro racing ( and occasionally other forumites)

Is always quite fun, and Frenchie usually makes an appearance...

Let's hear the dates you can do in December.

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    Interview on Friday in London, I'm in the last two...

so maybe...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Oh look at that, my diary is quite empty so far.

Now I just feel like a social inadequate.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,565
    Sounds like a good idea. There is even that new cycling cafe thing near Liverpool St. I have a mostly clear December diary.

In case frenchfighter is not enough to lure people out of the woodwork, last year also featured Ridgerider, Moomaloid and Timoid (as well as myself and the highly esteemed forum moderator Mr Chasey).
  • hatone
    hatone Posts: 228
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Sounds like a good idea. There is even that new cycling cafe thing near Liverpool St. I have a mostly clear December diary..

Is that Peloton & Co by any chance?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    In. A mild preference to avoid Thursdays. Wide-open otherwise. The OP could be sexed-up a little by adding an "A" before "few". Might encourage those with higher standards than I to come along.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I'm down this year.

It'll be the usual thing of hardest part being a) date and b) venue
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • TheBigBean
    hatone wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Sounds like a good idea. There is even that new cycling cafe thing near Liverpool St. I have a mostly clear December diary..

Is that Peloton & Co by any chance?

I think so. I haven't been there.
  • TheBigBean
    iainf72 wrote:
    I'm down this year.

It'll be the usual thing of hardest part being a) date and b) venue

With two months to decide, I'd hope, even on this forum, some sort of consensus could be reached!
  • iainf72
    Yup. Hopefully Frenchie will go again, and some new people will come and meet him.

Once you get past the pantaloons and powdered wig everyone seems to like him. :P
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103
    I've no impending baby this year, so should be able to make it.
  • Another vote for avoiding Thursdays.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    I'm up for it if Rick brings the BR credit card again!

Peleton & Co was my local viewing venue for the TdF, big on coffee, will check out the alcohol side of things. Although we did manage to blow the mains cable for the local area on Friday so I might not be welcome there again.
    Half man, Half bike
  • andyp
    ddraver wrote:
    Interview on Friday in London, I'm in the last two...

so maybe...
    Good luck.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    Cheers dude...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Ridgerider wrote:
    I'm up for it if Rick brings the BR credit card again!

peloton & Co was my local viewing venue for the TdF, big on coffee, will check out the alcohol side of things. Although we did manage to blow the mains cable for the local area on Friday so I might not be welcome there again.

I was in there last week and didn't notice any alcohol being sold, but may have just been out of sight I guess.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    I'll come, but am vaguely alarmed at talk of no booze at Peleton & co - there is only so much hot chocolate a girl can drink.
  • Macaloon
    Coriander wrote:
    I'll come, but am vaguely alarmed at talk of no booze at peloton & co - there is only so much hot chocolate a girl can drink.

Justified anxiety. Pretty sure Peloton & Co is day-time bike shop that serves a fine cup of coffee. If this is a convenient location, The Water Poet on Folgate St is nearby, large enough for the horde and craft beer aware.
  • iainf72
    Macaloon wrote:
    Justified anxiety. Pretty sure Peloton & Co is day-time bike shop that serves a fine cup of coffee. If this is a convenient location, The Water Poet on Folgate St is nearby, large enough for the horde and craft beer aware.

Water Poet is a good shout. And if anyone was travelling down they could get themselves a cheap room in the Tune hotel next door.
  • rick_chasey
    Ok water poet it is.

Date: anyone have problems with 4th Decembe?
  • andyp
    Yes. Mainly because the work Christmas bash is on the 5th and I've no hope of getting two nights out on consecutive days.
  • TheBigBean
    Ok water poet it is.

I do. That's just about the only date in December I can't do!
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    Dear all
    I'd like to pop over for a beer or two, l keep watching to see what date is agreed.
    Best
    Greg
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I should be in.

The Water Poet is a large and decent place.

RR, so it was you that took out half our office...when our Tech guy went in there to speak to the guy in charge he was told it couldnt possibly be you :roll:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Ok water poet it is.

I do. That's just about the only date in December I can't do!

Ditto! Pretty much any date after that, with yet another preference for avoiding Thursdays...
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I'll see if I can get down to the big smoke, only problem is I don't know what any of you look like!

In my mind Rick has a beard and Frenchie looks like (A French) Louis Theroux. Probably not true at all though :-)
  • Macaloon
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I'll see if I can get down to the big smoke, only problem is I don't know what any of you look like!

In my mind Rick has a beard and Frenchie looks like (A French) Louis Theroux. Probably not true at all though :-)
    Bring the boar. We'll find you :D
  • Paul 8v
    Macaloon wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

Bring the boar. We'll find you :D
    Sweet! The olde englishe pub near me has a plethora of stuffed animals, I'll see what I can do!
  • rick_chasey
    I'm short, balding, skinny and loud.

Can't miss me.
  • Paul 8v
    Haha, will keep an eye out Rick. I'll wear a bike specific T shirt so if you see someone wandering around looking lost it will be me!
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    I've no idea what December is looking like. Should be good for most dates.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.