Wiggle Circuit Breaker Sportive Oct 2013

trappy666
trappy666 Posts: 39
So I am planning on riding my first sportive (50ish Miles) in October and I'm quite looking forward to it but............ I haven't cycled since last August (I was cycling 20-60 miles 3x a week) and I'm still waiting for pay day so I can buy my bike. Is this going to leave me enough time to train (planning on going out 3/4 times a week on about 20-40 mile rides at a time.

I feel fit and think that with a bit of training to shake off the rust, I'll be able to complete it without too much fuss :mrgreen:

Comments

• Anybody else thinking of entering this?
  • I'm probably entering the 50 mile route, sadly have plans that afternoon so can't commit to the longer one. But this is my first year seriously back on the bike since before going to uni 6 years ago...and as I've spent the last couple of months with a calf injury limiting my riding time massively 80 might have been a bit much anyway. Especially with dark evenings starting to arrive only now the injury is starting to clear so I'm not getting out much.

If you got started on your training like you aimed and are riding 20-40 miles 3 or 4 times a week you'll have no problem at all doing 50 on what sounds like a pretty easy course based on the description. Just don't set off too quickly and you'll be fine. You'll probably do it easier than I will! :D
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    I'm doing the 50 miler too. Don't like riding much further than that at the time of year because you're always taking a chance with the weather. I know I'm a wuss!

OP have alook at the Website there is a map and elevation profiles on there. As Rus says doesn't look too taxing, so just go at your own pace, and you'll have no problems!

good luck!
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    ...some of my local roads so wont be paying to ride them, but its unlikely to be too challenging. Its rolling countryside so no big hills and probably going to be very windy as its quite open generally and there always seems to be a lot of wind! Some lovely villages and country roads and, like most places, some horrible road surfaces in places, so come prepared.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...