Look 695 Cranks

John1boy
John1boy Posts: 15
edited October 2013 in Road buying advice
Hello.

A quick question. I was considering purchasing a Look 695 in black but have heard bad reviews about the BB and cranks. I think it is a BB 65???

My question was if the whole set up of BB+cranks turns out to be completely **** then is it possible to change to a different BB and chainring combo? Like BB30/90?

Look forward to your reply.

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i have a 695, never experienced any trouble with the ZED 2 cranks.

But yes Look sell an adaptor so you can use any crankset
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    John1boy wrote:
    Hello.

A quick question. I was considering purchasing a Look 695 in black but have heard bad reviews about the BB and cranks. I think it is a BB 65???

My question is just how many "heard bad reviews" have you actually come across? What magazines were they in? Or was this all oral? i.e. - I heard someone say they are junk. Sounds to me like you've taken a perfectly seviceable and well made component and because you "heard" someone say something you've discarded it as a piece of trash, when in the end it's most likely a fine piece of equipment from a reputable and well known manufacturer.
  • jewbs
    jewbs Posts: 139
    maybe you're referring to reviews on the earlier 695's where it was mentioned poor chainrings or a problem with the chainrings, can't recall the exact details now but look changed to the praxis chainrings which are supposedly better than the earlier ones. I have a 695 , its beautifully made, great quality, great ride, i can't imagine having any problems with it in the forseeable future.