My Cinelli Experience - updated with pic's

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat Posts: 309
edited October 2013 in Your road bikes
CinelliExperience_zps0042570f.jpg

Campag Centaur mech's, brakes and other stuff, Rotor crank and Q Rings 52-36, Deda bars and stem, Easton seatpost, Record hubs with Ambrosio Excellight rims. Built up for function.
“Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson

Comments

• vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Nice looking frame. Like the look of the cinellis.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Cinelli Botichelli...
  • Cheshire Cat
    Decided to change the wheels for something a little lighter, Campagnolo Shamal, from those nice folk at Chainreaction. The Deda stem originally fitted was only a stop gap whilst I got the set-up sorted, 6k miles later I think the position is spot on, but boy did it flex - replaced it with a nice and stiff Cinelli Graphis XL. Just in keeping with the stem a light pair of Cinelli Carbon Neos bars, 186gr.

DSCF0776_zpsc4f3b693.jpg

DSCF0779_zps6fce5bee.jpg

DSCF0780_zps5d313e10.jpg

DSCF0778_zps687057e2.jpg
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Nice looking bike. Liking the whels and bars!
  • BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    DSCF0776_zpsc4f3b693.jpg

Absolutely love that!
  • riggsy81
    riggsy81 Posts: 281
    very very nice....

Ive got the same but I got the blue/white combo.

How you finding the wheels as there on my potential list to buy :)
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    BR 1979 wrote:
    DSCF0776_zpsc4f3b693.jpg

Absolutely love that!

like the wheel combo...
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Nice bike, it looks like you've actually bothered to set it up properly! (Unlike most of the bikes posted on here)
  • Cheshire Cat
    styxd wrote:
    Nice bike, it looks like you've actually bothered to set it up properly! (Unlike most of the bikes posted on here)

Took a while before I was entirely happy with the set-up, hence the cheap Deda stem to begin with, they are a very quick steering bike so getting a comfortable balance on the bike was important - if that makes sense? Longest ride so far has been160 miles, without issue, so I think I got it right.
    riggsy81 wrote:
    How you finding the wheels as there on my potential list to buy :)

Impressed by the wheels, they get up to speed quickly, to the point that initially they nearly caught me out on a couple of easy descents with some quite sharp corners, they roll so fast that it takes a moment to realise you are going too quick. Very stiff, the carbon bars have taken the edge off though, road buzz is much reduced. Being a two-way-fit is a bonus too, just hoping that Vittoria bring out some tubeless tyres now.

Appreciate the positive comments.
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    Just seen this. Bee-oootiful. And that's from a Bianchi owner. You're answering a question I had just started to pose myself about whether to build up the Experience from frame choosing my own spec. Thinking of going the Athena, Zonda route. Out of interest how much does the bike weigh in at.
    Someone's just passed me again
  • BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    buzzwold wrote:
    And that's from a Bianchi owner.
    Odd thing to say.
  • buzzwold wrote:
    Out of interest how much does the bike weigh in at.

Not exactly sure, I can only compare it to my sons TCR 1 which weighs in at 15.4lbs, with full Campagnolo Chorus and Enve 1.45 wheels, I would say it is in the region of 17lbs give or take. The weight is not that much of a concern as I weigh in at 83kg, more concerned with the frame being stiff enough, of which it is.
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    BR 1979 wrote:
    buzzwold wrote:
    Odd thing to say.

I'm an odd guy.
    Someone's just passed me again
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    buzzwold wrote:
    BR 1979 wrote:
    buzzwold wrote:
    Odd thing to say.

I'm an odd guy.

I love Cinelli's Think they are some of the best looking bikes available. No fancy styling, just classic lines and paintwork. I love my Bianchi's but I know the colours and styling is not to all tastes.