London racing scene

colm_gti
colm_gti Posts: 173
edited October 2013 in Amateur race
Just relocated from Ireland, raced at cat3 this season, hoping to continue racing next season.

Only been here a week, but spotted plenty of roadies around on some pretty tasty machinery, leads me to believe there might be a decent racing scene around London?

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    There's only one race a year in London, the Westminster GP, and it's only open to women and youth.

Londoners just "race" along the embankment every morning and evening.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    Not sure what Jim is getting at, or how it compares to Dublin. There is lots of circuit racing in London and road race leagues in the surrounding counties.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    If you're based in London you have the opportunity to race 4 times a week. That can't be said for many places. Even living in Cambridgeshire which is fairly central in the country I'd have to spend a fortune to get more than 2 per week!

In peak summer months there are more than 4 races a week, and if you're a vet you've got the chance to race every day of the week with a choice on many days. There's so much racing in greater London I couldn't believe the question was really about that, so figured it really just meant the central London where there is just the one race...

Thing is you'd've found that out in 2 seconds just be riding the forum, or googling... So the question couldn't be taken seriously for me.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • colm_gti
    colm_gti Posts: 173
    jibberjim wrote:
    If you're based in London you have the opportunity to race 4 times a week. That can't be said for many places. Even living in Cambridgeshire which is fairly central in the country I'd have to spend a fortune to get more than 2 per week!

In peak summer months there are more than 4 races a week, and if you're a vet you've got the chance to race every day of the week with a choice on many days. There's so much racing in greater London I couldn't believe the question was really about that, so figured it really just meant the central London where there is just the one race...

Thing is you'd've found that out in 2 seconds just be riding the forum, or googling... So the question couldn't be taken seriously for me.

Sorry, was just curious to know and couldn't find any sticky threads about racing or anything in the first few pages...usually spend more time riding my bike than searching through forums...
  • Surrey League, Crystal Palace, Hillingdon...