Duo Normand 2013 + Boardman's record beaten

js14
js14 Posts: 198
edited October 2013 in Amateur race
A friend did the Duo Normand time trial last Sunday near Saint-Lo in France. In his first competitive race, he and and his partner averaged around 35 km/h over the 54 km course, so not bad (and a lot better than I could ever manage). This event seems popular with British riders judging by the starting time list on the Duo Normand site, so I wonder if anyone here entered and how thay got on.

Chris Boardman and Jens Voigt's course record of 1:04:47 set in 1999 was also finally beaten by Durbridge and Tuft of Orica Greenedge.

Comments

• Yes, did it for the second time this year. It is a fantastic event and the host town - Marigny - pull out all the stops to make all competitors at all levels from fat old blokes to top pros feel they are in the same race. The locals all turn out to make it a full day cycling festival and give great encouragement all round the route. Managed a 1:22:47 this year which was quite an improvement on last years time. The weather conditions on the day were excellent and contributed to some fast times - for example the top 2 times in the vets race were faster than the previous vets course record - however, you still need to push hard all the way round, particularly the last 20Km which get a bit lumpy! I'd recommend it to anyone, just make sure you make a proper weekend of it.